Thread: 2004 GTO ls1 magnuson supercharger bin file that came with Eaton 112 kit.

Potential Tuner

2004 GTO ls1 magnuson supercharger bin file that came with Eaton 112 kit.

Im looking for a file to mix with mine so that i can start my GTO after my supercharger install. The kit i purchased used didnt come with any files or bin.
    Does anyone have a stock blown file for ls1 04 GTO i can try to get me close enough to limp it around or drive it.

Tuner
    It should just start. However, you need to know what injectors they (or you put in). Did you get high flow injectors? You can find the data for them online. However, with the right injector data, it should just start, you wont' have issues until you get into boost. Did you get a 2 bar map sensor? I know I did not with my Maguson. It's not the end of the world. What's the engine?
    Peter Young

1966 LandCruiser FJ40 with 6.0l Gen 3 vortec and 4L80E.
    1984 LandCruiser FJ60 with 5.3l Gen 3 vortec, Magnusen supercharger, and 4L60E

Tuner in Training
    Here's my base tune. I think there were some variations in the injectors used. My kit is from 2008 and shows 46 lb injectors. The tops of the injectors are green, if that helps.
    2017 Chevy Cruze | Stock daily driver

2004 Pontiac GTO | Magnacharger kit | Pedders Track II Suspension | Custom 1,200 watt stereo system

1987 Pontiac Trans-Am | L33 Aluminum block 5.3 engine | 4L60e Transmission | 2000 Camaro PCM and harness | Custom LS to F-body harness

Potential Tuner
    So i haven't even recieved the supercharger in the mail, yet i bought it used off ebay. I was told that is a full magnacharger kit for 2005 GTO, but includes that parts needed for 2004. From the pictures the injectors are green but once it shows up ill get the part number and the correct scale.

So about the car its 2004 GTO 5.7 Ls1/automatic. It has LPE GT2-3 cam, 243 stock heads, LT headers, NO cats and 3:70 gears. The kit i purchased is 6 lb pulley intercooled eaton 112 kit. Looks to be one of the first ones to come out.

Will these superchargers work off MAF or VE tuning? I feel cuz the maf is before the blower it dont know how much air is being forced in.

How would it not know?

It's pressurizing the air AFTER the MAF, the air that went past the sensor didn't change. It's just taking in a ton of air and creating positive boost pressure with it.

If you asked most people, going to speed density is the easiest way to go about tuning on a majority of these setups. This way you aren't limited to the small diameter MAF size and the fact that you will run out of room with the small MAF on the scaling in the tune. You could swap to the card style MAF but that costs more money and more time. Plopping in a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor, changing to a 2 bar or 3 bar OS is as easy as it gets.

Then you just tune the 2/3 bar VE table, setup power enrichment/boost enrichment, timing etc etc and be on your way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Don't let the blower freak you out. It doesn't change anything - really - except extending the VE table from 100 to 200 or 300. It's really not that hard at all and the stock tune will work to get you running. Do you have access to a dyno? Or are you going to tune on the street?

And, to confirm 5FDP, the amount of air going into the engine is the same, so the MAF will work just fine. What I think you're thinking of is boost.
    Peter Young

1966 LandCruiser FJ40 with 6.0l Gen 3 vortec and 4L80E.
    1984 LandCruiser FJ60 with 5.3l Gen 3 vortec, Magnusen supercharger, and 4L60E

Tuner in Training
    The Magnacharger tune uses all of the stock parts, including the MAF. The tune uses a 1-bar MAP, so there is no data in there for boost at all. It basically just relies on the PE mode enrichment for fueling in boost. I looked at the settings for going into PE mode, and it seems to be anything over 30% throttle. The car runs and drives just fine with their stock tune on a stock motor. I have been having some problems with knock, but I think it may just be that the crap 91 octane California gas with 15% ethanol is causing it to lean out a bit. I need to get a wideband installed on the car to know for sure.

The LS2 version of the Magnacharger is different in a few key areas from the LS1 version. The routing of the intercooler hoses is different, the mounting for the throttle body changes, I think the injectors may be different, there's no mount for a throttle cable (LS2 uses drive by wire). You may need to swap parts to get it to work, but it will work for you.
    2017 Chevy Cruze | Stock daily driver

2004 Pontiac GTO | Magnacharger kit | Pedders Track II Suspension | Custom 1,200 watt stereo system

1987 Pontiac Trans-Am | L33 Aluminum block 5.3 engine | 4L60e Transmission | 2000 Camaro PCM and harness | Custom LS to F-body harness

Potential Tuner
    Do you happen to have a pic of the throttle body setup? I have 90mm throttle body to match the bore that for cable.