Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The tuning school offers Dodge beginners course for 5.7, 6.1, 6.4

Advanced Tuner

The tuning school offers Dodge beginners course for 5.7, 6.1, 6.4

Anyone try the course...was it worth it?

https://thetuningschool.com/collecti...sing-hp-tuners

Tuner in Training
    My friend has the book and he said it was pretty good... Enough that he's able to understand the Fuel Air Ratio, FA adder, Fuel Mass, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwarren08 View Post
    My friend has the book and he said it was pretty good... Enough that he's able to understand the Fuel Air Ratio, FA adder, Fuel Mass, etc.
    Thanks, the FA and injector scaling I understood from HP forum posts. I am more interested in VVT and torque management.

can you show me pls where are the threads showing injector scaling for dodge?

Advanced Tuner

I bought the book, I read through it with all my attention, it dumbs it down for anyone, yet when you approach say a 2012 challenger with the gpec2 I believe it is called computer, the tables mentioned do not always exist. In my experience I simply ignored the tables I cannot access, be sure to use navigator to search for the table number just in case it got moved. My attention to the book faded, then came back, I used this forum over and over again and read in silence, then back to the book. I was able to get a 5.7 mild cam and a Borla exhaust only (replaced due to wiped cam) to be tame enough to pass emissions and rip when demanded. Customer thoroughly pleased. Boss then saw I have a little talent. He put in my hands a 2012 6.4 procharger 800hp e85 dynoed engine that wont behave driveablility wise and cold wise. I drove it for a week, taking in all the book lessons and the forum (search search search) tips and tricks, I was able to get it to be far smoother in power delivery, bump that idle up higher when it starts at say 32F so that it wont die, correct the Proportional, Integral, and Derivative tables. Wow they were out of whack! Huge numbers were in there upwards of 60! Pulled that nonsense out. Nasty car, wish I wasn't done with it, but I am. Miss driving it, onto the next...Christmas Bonus! Must be doing something right. Yes we have CMR at our disposal and choose against it unless SRT4 or Charger. I aim to change that to exclusively Hp Tuners in the future. I must prove myself again and again. So, in the end combine your book knowledge (worth it, you will make your money back quickly) with the forum knowledge and just keep playing with it at caution, you will enlighten yourself. In my opinion it is all here. And I am just one month into Dodge computers. Will it and focus, you can do it!

Im thinking about going to the full course in March. They are local to me. I like their books content but the last books were difficult to read having to small black fonts on blue pages. I found it difficult to see . Yes im getting older, but my kids have and have had a hard time reading it;

Advanced Tuner
    So I bought the booklet and I basically most of the info in it I learned from here and internet searching. I was hoping for more info on VVT and trans tuning but it looks like they are saving it for another course. There are some nuggets of info I did find quite useful but it wasn't an "OMG that's how you do it" kind of training/info. Although, if someone has no clue how to use HP tuners this course/training will set you straight.

I just noticed Dodge beginner; hellcat online and bundle courses are on sale right now at the Tuning School.

Advanced Tuner
    Yup $50 off

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    So I bought the booklet and I basically most of the info in it I learned from here and internet searching. I was hoping for more info on VVT and trans tuning but it looks like they are saving it for another course. There are some nuggets of info I did find quite useful but it wasn't an "OMG that's how you do it" kind of training/info. Although, if someone has no clue how to use HP tuners this course/training will set you straight.
    Which book is everyone talking about?

Thanks
    Chuck

Advanced Tuner
    When you buy the Dodge tuning course it comes with 2 booklets...one discusses fueling and the other is general tuning.

I've attended the Tuning Schools beginners coarse, it was very informative. With that said, I've found a lot of the information on this site already. I would go again if I was unsure about diving into tuning. The teach a very repeatable process for getting after tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by drumnbasslvr View Post
    I bought the book, I read through it with all my attention, it dumbs it down for anyone, yet when you approach say a 2012 challenger with the gpec2 I believe it is called computer, the tables mentioned do not always exist. In my experience I simply ignored the tables I cannot access, be sure to use navigator to search for the table number just in case it got moved. My attention to the book faded, then came back, I used this forum over and over again and read in silence, then back to the book. I was able to get a 5.7 mild cam and a Borla exhaust only (replaced due to wiped cam) to be tame enough to pass emissions and rip when demanded. Customer thoroughly pleased. Boss then saw I have a little talent. He put in my hands a 2012 6.4 procharger 800hp e85 dynoed engine that wont behave driveablility wise and cold wise. I drove it for a week, taking in all the book lessons and the forum (search search search) tips and tricks, I was able to get it to be far smoother in power delivery, bump that idle up higher when it starts at say 32F so that it wont die, correct the Proportional, Integral, and Derivative tables. Wow they were out of whack! Huge numbers were in there upwards of 60! Pulled that nonsense out. Nasty car, wish I wasn't done with it, but I am. Miss driving it, onto the next...Christmas Bonus! Must be doing something right. Yes we have CMR at our disposal and choose against it unless SRT4 or Charger. I aim to change that to exclusively Hp Tuners in the future. I must prove myself again and again. So, in the end combine your book knowledge (worth it, you will make your money back quickly) with the forum knowledge and just keep playing with it at caution, you will enlighten yourself. In my opinion it is all here. And I am just one month into Dodge computers. Will it and focus, you can do it!
    Hi my friend can you give me an email to contact you please
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I found that the Dodge Beginners book was pretty much useless. It takes a hold-your-hand approach and only tells you "click this", "change that" but goes into no real details about what you're changing or why. It does attempt to explain some of the things but not in any meaningful way. They also only used 1 vehicle, a 2015 Charger R/T, to get source material for this book so if you're trying to tune anything else, it's going to have differences. The big problem with these differences is this is supposed to be a beginners book and it takes that hold-your-hand approach so when things don't align and they have not gone into enough theory about why, then you're stuck unsure of anything else.

Using this book and following its outline and steps, I could not tune my mildly modified 2014 5.7L Charger. A complete waste of money!

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar
    I've definitely been debating on this but have yet to hear much good, especially for the price.

We do live small classes via web, and full on 2-day courses live and virtual with Dyno runs...site in the sig below

Quote Originally Posted by georgeg View Post
    I found that the Dodge Beginners book was pretty much useless. It takes a hold-your-hand approach and only tells you "click this", "change that" but goes into no real details about what you're changing or why. It does attempt to explain some of the things but not in any meaningful way. They also only used 1 vehicle, a 2015 Charger R/T, to get source material for this book so if you're trying to tune anything else, it's going to have differences. The big problem with these differences is this is supposed to be a beginners book and it takes that hold-your-hand approach so when things don't align and they have not gone into enough theory about why, then you're stuck unsure of anything else.

Using this book and following its outline and steps, I could not tune my mildly modified 2014 5.7L Charger. A complete waste of money!
    In the class, they also used a 6.4 Ram, but for the most part everything you've mentioned is correct.

Tuner in Training
    I took the very first hands on course they offered in Tampa FL, i can say it was very worth the money. not just having the book but actually doing it live and having all of the tuning schools instructors experience is great. plus you might get a little bit of extras like tune files/configs/graphs/exel sheets ect..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    We do live small classes via web, and full on 2-day courses live and virtual with Dyno runs...site in the sig below
    Just purchased.
    Live Webinar HP Tuners and Dodge NN Based Fueling 06-23-2019
    thank you