Thread: No DOD activation after reflash

Tuner in Training

Smile No DOD activation after reflash

Hi all
    the displacement on demand stop working in my 2014 caprice after I reflash .
    I did some changes only for check engine light cause I'm using no cats and headers .
    did someone have this issue before .
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you turned off the cat overtemp that’s causing it. Turn it back on and just set values out of reach.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    I did switch cot back on and rise the temp dod now working
    Thanks so much for the help

I didn’t get a chance to look at tune and log that’s what came off top of my head. I’ll look into it more this evening see if anything looks funny from what I’m used to seeing.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Just curious, have you been able to prove/disprove that running DOD/AFM actually is get you better mileage?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadFoot View Post
    Just curious, have you been able to prove/disprove that running DOD/AFM actually is get you better mileage?
    I can't comment on the mileage but almost all of my customers say there is a dramatic reduction in oil consumption.

In the city I probably lost 1-2mpg easy but I have a heavy foot, so mileage in the 12-15 range was common for me in my truck. On the freeway it was barely noticeable, could still get 20mpg in my 2012.

In a car I would expect the same results.

Oil consumption goes down for sure with it off. At the time me and my parents both owned the exact same trucks just different trim levels. Both 2012, both 5.3/6L80e and both the same LC9 engine code. I shut mine off because I owned this tuning software and my warranty wasn't going to matter anymore and I hardly lost any oil, maybe half a quart in an oil change. My parents trucks with it still active would burn through 1-1.5 quarts of oil in the same time period. Both of us drove city with some trips up north to the cabin. Their truck even fouled one spark at 40-45k miles because of oil build up. Now we both have 2016's so the testing on these is to be determined.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 12-15-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.