Thread: new tuner trying to dial in an ecotec swapped baja bug

Potential Tuner

new tuner trying to dial in an ecotec swapped baja bug

im new to all of this i have been reading as much as i can and trying to learn on my own but everyone needs help time to time. i have a 1969 vw beetle with a 2.2 ecotec from a 2004 saturn vue custom wiring harness and a p11 pcm that thinks its an 03 cavi i found astock tune in the repository but my ltft and stft are way out of wack. havnt done much to the engine except add header, full 3" catless exhuast. and an intake. any tips would be great. mostly need helpsetting up histograms for the 2.2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by soul1ess; 12-10-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    so i dont see a wideband in your logs. O2 sensors dont work in enrichment mode so you need one to be able to tune the ecu completely. it also makes everything faster. the AEM EUGO works fine for most people.

you can start with these until you get a wideband. They require you to log the channel equivalence ratio commanded instead of your afr commanded channel.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 12-11-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Potential Tuner
    i agree with the need for a wideband to tune properly. i unfortunatly am not in a position to buy one right now. but inoticed my o2 readings seemed really low, so for the hell of it i tried the sensor that looked shot that was on the engine when i got it. that seemed to make a major difference. i played with tables a little bit and that made a huge difference.
    Last edited by soul1ess; 12-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.