Thread: How to reverse 2 bar os so can reflash with sps

How to reverse 2 bar os so can reflash with sps

I wanted to upgrade my 2007 tahoe os to a 2009 to match to a 6l80e swap and just get the extended maf and injectors table but GM sps won?t recognize the current os so I cannot refalsh it. So is there a way to go back to the original os? Do I just ignore the message saying os doesn?t match with hptuners rewrite full and put a stock tune in it? I just didn?t want to screw up the ecm brick it if there was another way to reverse it. Lsa blower swap and had all kinds of weird issues on that os so swapped to another e38 tuned it vve and ran great but out of maf on that one and wanted to go larger injectors now for e85 and saw 2009 os has everything I would want. I know the techem from the 6l80e is 07-09 year break as I do trans for a living. So programming on that end will be fine. So as long as the 09 os can write to this part number e38 I should be good. Yes I have a second e38 but don?t want to fry the one I currently use Incase this doesn?t work out and why trying to write the 2 bar os I?m not using.
    Thanks
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you would like the ORI file to flash it back (write entire)
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thanks got my tcm done last night for the 6 speed so now will try that and sticking this 2009 os in my 07 tahoe. Really hoping it works and doesn’t brick or fail to write. Seems the 08 will work for sure but the injectors are only 63 lbs still limit but would give me the 15,000 hz maf at least. The 09 would be ideal with 127 lbs injectors and not having to mess with double stoich crap to make 1000cc work.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Better spend time and look at the ECM version and OS mismatch you are creating before your locked out......

Also, if you decide to kill the ECM, select program and replace module first and it wont as about current OS.
    Last edited by NTIMID8; 12-12-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Sounds like fun. I have considered swapping an LY6/6L90E into my friend's 07 Tahoe.

Don't know if your TCM is programmed to an 08 or 09 VIN but if it is an 09 you can just type the VIN from 09 6 speed TCM into the SPS, chose replace and program PCM....as long as your part number PCM was an option for the 09 VIN. I am pretty sure you will have to buy more credits from HPTuners though as it won't consider it the same PCM as before.

The 6l80e fit directly in place of the 4l60e same drive shafts mount I just had to swap my input in the transfer case over to the 32 spline 4l80e which was an option for it. So the swap to the 80 was much easier and cost effective then a 90. I did upgrade to raybestos red and kolene steels. I build for a living so did a nice hd build on it so short the smaller output shaft it’s bulld tough. Used a 2012 zl1 2000 stall with twin disk lockup same as ctsv. The trans I bought was a 2007 so the os in the tcm was dead on for the os in my 2007 ecm. That did work but the tcm was tired not shifting great so I got a new one and flashed it to a 2008 os for now. I will say this is probably the best upgrade I did other then the lsa blower on it. Drives so much better takes the power better and drives more like it did stock as the gear spread makes it easier to drive it with less throttle input. I don’t feel like I have to push it so much hard to explain. If I stay out of boost it’s more like it was stock the 4l60 I had to build it so aggressive it was harsh and never could drive it and feel like i wasn’t almost in a race car.

Anyway short pinning the older transfer case harness into a 2009 harness it was an easy swap. Anyone that needs help or questions just messsage me.
    So as for making it not work I have the current ecm licensed and setup with stock os. I have a second one licensed and was on the two bar os but I couldn’t use sps to write to it as it said it didn’t have a current GM os or it was newer then what I was trying to write to it. If I can get this 2009 Silverado os (I have a licensed tune for vin and os) to this ecm I can then swap my tcm over to the same os for the 2009 truck also. I did a tune on a buddies 2009 5.3 with 6l80e so will use that vin to write the ecm and tcm. I think the license is attached to the ecm so won’t mater but if was os/ vin I can write to it with this other setup. But I believe it’s attached by some serial number so won’t matter what’s wrote to the ecm as it’s attached to it no matter what. But either way I have it covered I think. I did find a Efilive e38 list so this should work out of not I’ll buy a part number for the right e38 and then have to license a new ecm which will suck as I have two on this vehicle already. I know for sure the 2008 os will work and work with the tcm as is and it does have the extended maf table also all in one no high and low but it’s still 63 lbs injector limited. I really want to run some 1000cc for e85 as now the trans can take the extra power. Trying to do this so it’s as close to right as possible with no double stoich to get injectors to work unless this is no big deal I don’t know never had to do it. If that’s the case I write the 2008 and am good.
    Sorry for the book just trying to help others that might find this link and read about the swap.
    Thanks for help guys!!

Sounds awesome! Yeah, I think there is some kind of identifier that will make you license again even with the same VIN and OS...but it will be worth it.