Thread: Lsa blower on a 5.3

Tuner in Training

Lsa blower on a 5.3

Still kinda new to tuning with hp. Played with it before blower. Truck is a 2000 1500 with the 5.3 and the 4l60e. I put long tube headers on it, and a walbro 255 fuel pump. No problems at that point. Next, I added an lsa supercharger. I think I updated the OS to the 3bar, but would like to know how to confirm this? I updated the fuel injector flow to 62 (not sure if that's right, but it's what I was told. Stock ctsv injectors.) Is this where I begin tuning like before, or am I missing something? My gut tells me something isn't right. Does anyone have a base tune for an otherwise stock, supercharged 5.3 I could look at to compare?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Open the ecu os hardware information window from the edit menu. It will tell you if your os in multibar enhanced

Tuner
    Did you also install the 3bar map sensor and install the new injectors? Or did you just change the software? Just checking.
    Peter Young

1966 LandCruiser FJ40 with 6.0l Gen 3 vortec and 4L80E.
    1984 LandCruiser FJ60 with 5.3l Gen 3 vortec, Magnusen supercharger, and 4L60E

CTS-V injectors are 56lb/hr at 58psi the last time I checked.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    @cobaltssoverbooster, It is. Thank you
    @workingdog, yes the zl1 lidd came with a new 3bar sensor. And I've got stock ctsv injectors.
    @5fdp, that makes a bit of sense. I thought 62 was too high. I'll try it at 56 and see if it runs better. So far I've only started it and let it idle. It populated 3 cells on my ltft graph, values were -9, -11, and -13.

the fuel pressure delta in a ctsv ecu shows 54 lb/h @ 60 psi
    56 lb/h that 5F mentioned is within 4% flow of the GM value so not a huge deal.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    After searching the internet (and finding all manner of conflicting answers) the most common answer seems to be ctsv injectors are 52lb/hr@58psi. That jives with 54@60 (and kinda explains why I thought it was 62), so I'm gonna go with 52 and see how that does.
    On a side note, I need a longer throttle cable.

Tuner in Training
    I figured out what I was missing. When I update to the 3 bar OS, it wiped my ve table. All the blocks were set to 162. I parted the last good map I had on to it and interpolated the rest of it. I think that'll make a decent starting point.

that happens. didnt post a tune so we couldnt tell you that.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    It doesn't give me an option to upload a file. Am I too new on the forum, or cause I'm on a mobile device?

You need to use the advanced reply and add it there. It gives you the attachments icon there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.