Thread: Auto tuning

Potential Tuner

Auto tuning

Hello, i am considering purchasing HP tuners as I do not feel that? well HP seems to have a better support structure, if that makes sense? I have a lot of doubts as I am finally getting familiar with the competitors software, how be it I am just entering whadefugitdoes processes. lol. but the other guys have figured out the math to do some cool auto tuning, does HP have this capability? (mainly VE tuning) I do like the GUI layout better. I guess I am asking because I really need to sell the V2 to help purchase HP, but I would hate to lose some of the creature comforts so to speak. I haven't been able o find out to much except that HP is a more shop level system where as the other is definitely an engineer level suite. and I speak Hickineese, not engineer.

thanks for the help

Unfortunately they don't have a "auto tune" type feature that other products offer.

You are dealing with factory stock computers and changing values/parameters inside a stock computer, so it still functions like one and it can't change values on it's own.

Once you knew your way around this software and the vehicle you are working with, it's easy enough to create the specific channels and graphs to display the data you need to log. Then you could apply that data to the tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I guess I should be a bit clearer on what I am asking. (fairly new to this tuning thing) the other guys monitor certain inputs then do the math (preprogramed) that can give you an updated VE map to plug into your tune. does that make sense?

I guess I am asking if anyone has cracked the math portion?

Yeah you can do that, if I'm following what you are asking.

You'd create a graph that would log the commanded AFR against the Actual AFR ( or lambda) using a wideband. The error graph would give you the data that you input into your tune file to give you your new updated VE table. Then you have the ability to smooth the table, interpolate across horizontal and vertical bounds to further hand smooth the table and make everything nice.

You could also use a similar style graph using fuel trims to dial in a MAF curve or VE table but a wideband is far quicker and a more accurate way of doing it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.