Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ve tune setup help

Tuner in Training
    ok so I did a good log this morning guys my ltfts are all sitting between 0 to -5 mainly -3s im having trouble with the stfts though they are saying -10 to -18 I still have my maf unplugged and set up for ve tuneing what would be my next step correcting maf config ?
    2000 torqued out Tahoe z71 4x4

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you can turn the maf off in the software instead of unplugging it. set maf hz fail to 0hz, set p0101-p0103 to fail first error and uncheck the SES boxes, find the high rpm enable and set it to something low like 500 rpm. now its shut off.
    is your iat sensor wired in as an external unit to the maf sensor? i cant read the log file at this time so thats why im asking
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Cobaltssoverbooster is totally right. If the MAF is unplugged....so is the IAT....so the PCM will think you are breathing -40 air....thus commanding MUCH richer than actually needed.

Tuner in Training
    well my trucks iat is separate from the maf and I have the maf unplugged with the codes just no light so they still come on but it wont light up the ses light I have the ltfts corrected now just the stfts are showing -20 or so do I durn the ltfts off now and make changes with the stfts ? or is their another way ?

Advanced Tuner
    post file and log.

with MAF unplugged you can tune the VE table. I would disable LTFT and STFT and use a wideband to calibrate the VE table, then turn them back on, then plug in the MAF and tune the MAF frequency table

Tuner in Training
    well im still waiting to get my wb02 or else I know everything would be a lot easier but I know their is a way to just get the lower part of my ve table closer so the truck is running good and not pig richlog dec 13th morning good ltfts.hpl2000 Chevy Tahoe 385 stroker ve tuneing.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    how cold is it there?

your VE numbers look to be about 10-20x bigger than I would expect to see.

Tuner in Training
    temps are mid 30s here in Michigan and what do you mean ? bigger?

Sorry. Usually when I read that somebody unplugged their GEN3 MAF and it is running rich....it is because the IAT is in the MAF. Guess yours is not

lukearmstrong1990 saying your VE numbers are bigger than expected means they are higher (as 70 is higher than 60) which makes the PCM command more fuel than needed. I like to use math long term + short term for logging correction (light to medium throttle areas) when there is no wide band in place and the O2s are working well. Once that is all in the -1 to -3 range you are running pretty well.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i misread the initial post. i thought you went to an 0411. yeah your model has an external iat wired straight to ecu in the stock layout.
    just keep at the corrections until they come in.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    all right thanks yea any suggestions for the stft values ?

Tuner in Training
    I apricate all the help guys like I said she has lots of tq and power just running rich and im still learning with fuel injection im good with carbs but fi im learning

If your ltft are around 0, then just start adjusting the ve by copy and paste special multiply by % the stft error into the ve table. When the stft get under 10 in the cells that you are working on, then you should copy paste special multiply by %-half until you get into around +/-5. I personally shoot for +/-3, but many factors can alter that number so it isnt always easily doable. I usually try to tune stft+ltft until it gets close and then I turn the ltft off and go only off of the stft. This is by no means the greatest way or even the easiest way I am sure, but it seems to have worked for me so far.