Thread: Throttle Torque Source - Over Temp

Tuner

Throttle Torque Source - Over Temp

Ok, so does anyone have a good understanding as to what it means when Throttle Torque Source PID toggles to "Over Temp"?
    To my understanding, the Throttle Torque Source PID will go to "Over Temp" when cat or exhaust temp thresholds are exceeded. Or are there other reasons why it would do this?

2018 Demon, 2.65", 10%, ID1300x, Catless Mids, Fore Triple Pumps

As you can see in the attached log, it goes to "over temp" and dumps boost. It does this consistently around the 130 to 140 MPH mark at WOT. What am i missing??

Attached is a screenshot of the Temperature Control tables in the tune. Are there other tables that need to be changed also? Ive never had to do anything other than this to turn off COT. Or is there something else messing with me?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

temp control.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Or if anyone has any idea as to why it would do what its doing in the log, feel free to throw out some ideas.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune please. I don't think it is a temp issue. However, I am fairly confident from past experience with these cars what the issue is based on your log. Or email me if you don't want to post the tune.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure all your fuel pumps are turning on? You are getting 100% and more injector duty cycle.

The reason I ask is with those pumps and injectors I wouldn't expect the duty cycle to be that high. I'm guessing the PID is being calculated correct, since the InjPW is about 20ms.

I know on the older Hellcats if the IDC got past a certain point it would dump boost to protect itself.
    Last edited by Jay@HAP; 12-13-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Post your tune please. I don't think it is a temp issue. However, I am fairly confident from past experience with these cars what the issue is based on your log. Or email me if you don't want to post the tune.
    See attached tunes. The first one is what was in the car when the above scan was done. The second one with a 001 at the end is what i have now, which has not been tested yet, but i will not test it if until you take a look. Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by totalengine; 12-13-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Are you sure all your fuel pumps are turning on? You are getting 100% and more injector duty cycle.

The reason I ask is with those pumps and injectors I wouldn't expect the duty cycle to be that high. I'm guessing the PID is being calculated correct, since the InjPW is about 20ms.

I know on the older Hellcats if the IDC got past a certain point it would dump boost to protect itself.
    I had that same thought about the Injector pulsewidth being too high and it dumping boost, but i looked at the Injector Pulsewidth Limit table and it did not look like it was referencing that table at all because the actual IPW is way above the values in that table 100% of the time at WOT, but raising those values is definitely a good idea to test. We never ran into the issue on the dyno, and it popped up once its on the street.

As far as fuel pumps turning on, as soon as it goes into boost, from looking at the logs, the pressure jumps from 65psi to around 69ish psi, which tells me its definitely getting a greater supply of fuel. Also, while it was on the dyno, we made sure the second pumps were receiving power at that same time, right as it was going into boost, and all seemed to be good. But i do agree, the pulsewidth is very high. My thoughts were that the IPW was so high because the pressure is a fixed 65psi, and not boost referenced.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?