Thread: Need forum "advanced search" help please

Potential Tuner

Need forum "advanced search" help please

Sorry if this subject has been covered before but I can't find a thread. I am having zero success with searching topics on this forum.
    The answer I get from most searches is "Sorry - no matches Please try some different terms" , so after numerous other attempts with
    more or fewer words same result. As there are 73,000 threads on this forum and 536,000 posts I won't live long enough to find an answer.
    Must be something I'm missing as searching other websites usually works well. As an example I would like to find a thread about the 4 VVE tables
    in edit on a E67 gen 4 VCM, can you force the VCM to use just one of the tables or make them all just the same.
    Did I mention I'm a newbie and would really appreciate any help.
    Dick
    Last edited by lakevista; 12-12-2018 at 04:09 PM.

If I recall it will use the non DoD open table when VVE tuning. I would say the majority of people make all 4 tables exactly the same so there is no difference between them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    The search this forum uses sucks. Use Google to search the forum.

"search topic" site:hptuners.com

Replace the words search topic with what you want to search for.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the replies gents

Use Google's hidden 'Verbatim' feature especially when searching for specific technical terms.

https://www.google.com/webhp?tbs=li:1

Tuner in Training
    Along similar lines downloaded tune file(Andy_VE_Tuning_Lower_timing.hpt) and don't remember what thread it was in. No luck with forum search or site search using Google.
    Any idea's?