Thread: P12 double stoich, halve ifr for 80lb/hr with 63 limit...help

Tuner in Training

P12 double stoich, halve ifr for 80lb/hr with 63 limit...help

I have a highly modified 2006 chevy trailblazer with the I6. Most recently got my build on the road with lots of upgrades and realized I"m running out of fuel with the 60's and e85 at around 4300rpm. I need some help with the easiest way to get the appropriate ifr.

I've seen a lot of comments for the other ECM's that say halve the IVT term tables....we don't have those.

So question is...what else needs to be changed to use this method. I'd rather not scale the whole tune for airflow, fuel and torque. Can anyone provide assistance?

fuel
    E85 15-18psi boost
    double stoich halve ifr
    USED BANISH DATA ON 80'S
    3 bar fuel pressure, manifold referenced

motor
    8.5:1 forged pistons
    billet K1 rods
    deshrouded valves in head, smoothed pistons

trans
    boost valve
    factory 3-4 clutch upgrade
    tightened endplays
    shift kit drillings
    upgraded servo and accumulators
    beast sunshell
    upgraded separator plate

air
    4" slot maf
    4" throttle body ls2? silver blade
    ported M112 blower
    3.1" pulley
    8.75" crank pulley
    gatorback 4060685
    ported cylinder heads

exhaust
    1 3/4 header into 3" exhaust, 3" resonator, 3" flowmaster 50 series, single outlet

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    take your actual flow rate and divide it by 60 lb/h. you should get a number something like 1.33. 1.333 becomes your new flow rate multiplier and 60 lb/h becomes your base flow rate.
    everything will remain the same unless your cyl airmass (g) load exceeds the spark table. if this happens then you will have to scale the tune regardless of the injector flow to get your values plotting on the spark table again.
    the max injector flow you can list in your ecu is 126 lb/h. (63 lb/h max * mult. of 2)

i dont know how much you understand but with no OS upgrade options for your ecu you need to make sure your triggering the maf to come on by 80 kpa vacuum because the VE table can not exceed 105 kpa. Best to tune VE to around 3000 rpm in regular driving and remove any data that exceeds 100 kpa from your logs. this develops a fail to drive around on.
    now you can enable the maf to come early, say like 1500 rpm, so anything above that will be strictly maf to eliminate exceeding the fuel tables. anything below runs a VE table setting.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 12-12-2018 at 03:16 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply and help. Where does the multiplier go? In the injector voltage scale table? I read in this forum that doesn?t work but I have yet to try.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    where the IFR table is located, there will be another table right underneath it and thats the multiplier table for the ifr flow.
    its worked for me in the P12 LSJ ecu so i dont see why this version wouldn't work for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply but...argh...just got it going. scaling table does nothing on my P12. Trims were at ~25%.

It's looking like I'm forging new ground here. Anybody help?

Advanced Tuner
    why not just scale? Just because you'd have to redo the airflow model? You'd have to do it anyways switching from 60s to 80s. But there would be nothing else for you to change to use your double stoich, 1/2 ifr method because these ecms don't have the flex fuel capabilities so it will always think the alcohol will be at the normal % which is why that chart isn't present so you'll have to dial the tune in as is or scale it and dial it in. Where do you end up on the cylinder air mass scale? Because you'll have no choice but to scale the tune to get back on the spark chart if your going off it.
    Last edited by TCSS07; 01-09-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Can u post screenshots of what/where u r talking about I'm new to tuning and I'm boosting an 04 Colorado