Thread: Innovate LC2 Wideband to MPVI2 Pro

Potential Tuner

Innovate LC2 Wideband to MPVI2 Pro

Does anyone have any guidance on how to hook up the innovate LC2 wideband controller to the pro link cable provided with the MPVI2 Pro version?

Also once you have the wideband physically connected to the pro link cable and the pro link cable inserted into the OBD port module, how do you get the scanner software to see the wideband output for data logging?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaitan View Post
    Does anyone have any guidance on how to hook up the innovate LC2 wideband controller to the pro link cable provided with the MPVI2 Pro version?

Also once you have the wideband physically connected to the pro link cable and the pro link cable inserted into the OBD port module, how do you get the scanner software to see the wideband output for data logging?
    It isn't going to connect with interface automatically. You must go in and set-up the math on that particular sensor. Some good videos on youtube on how to set everything up within the scanner. Nothing on prolink yet as far as youtube videos, but the vids they have should give you some idea on what you're trying to do.

Potential Tuner
    So I followed the instructions and am also having difficulties.

Measuring Voltage
    To measure voltage, you are first going to connect wire Analog 1 or Analog 2 to sensor output, then connect the GND wire to sensor GND. Once you have the wires connected, open the latest version of VCM Scanner and add the PID. In VCM Scanner go to External Inputs > MPVI2 > Pro Link, you will then be able to add the PID ?MPVI2 SP A/D Input 1? or ?MPVI2 SP A/D Input 2.?

I did all that... added both analog and can inputs to ensure I didnt misswire something. They all sit there in the channels list... but when i go to log, they disappear.

Anyone with some guidance on what Im doing wrong?

Should probably note three things:
    a) I'm using a Aeroforce Tech wideband sensor kit with a Bosch sensor.
    b) the HP instructions telling you to go into External inputs aren't clear... what that really means is "Add Channel"... under "External Inputs" there is "MPVI PRO"... and under that are 4 inputs taht you can add. I added (at first just one)... but then all 4 available inputs. You then "Transform" them by selecting the available widebands or write your own parameter. Since my parameter would have been the same as the PLX Air-Fuel parameter ... I just used that one.
    c) I have tested my sensor outputs and can see the voltage. With the ProLink cable and its different pin outs... wasnt sure how to make sure that my voltage was getting through that cable to the MPVI2
    Last edited by Redline83; 12-18-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Use the new vcm scanner 4.3.60 beta and you'll see mvpi2 > pro link listed in the channel selector.

I haven't been able to get my aem uego to jive with vcm scanner with a mvpi2 pro link though.

Potential Tuner
    Thats what I did.. I downloaded the new beta two days ago and the titles that I used in my post are the actual names from the screens in that beta.

Are you suggesting that i need to download a newer version again? Sorry - dont have the laptop I use with me to check the beta number...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline83 View Post
    b) the HP instructions telling you to go into External inputs aren't clear... what that really means is "Add Channel"... under "External Inputs" there is "MPVI PRO"... and under that are 4 inputs taht you can add. I added (at first just one)... but then all 4 available inputs. You then "Transform" them by selecting the available widebands or write your own parameter. Since my parameter would have been the same as the PLX Air-Fuel parameter ... I just used that one
    Under Channel Selector > External Inputs

you'll see MVPI Pro, MVPI2

MVPI2 Pro only has two analog inputs with the pro link. MVPI pro has four listed.

Select MVPI2 > Pro Link

if MVPI2 Pro link isn't visible try resynching your interface under Help section in vcm scanner. Afterwards make sure you are licensed with the Pro Feature Set in hptuners.com > My Account > My Devices

Does your Pro Link black wire see sensor ground or did you chassis ground it?
    Last edited by Poopsy; 12-19-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Poopsy... THANK YOU SO MUCH... you have pointed out my simple error... I have gone and checked it and it now works

Gentleman and scholar.

To be clear... I had selected the MPVI Pro channels not Pro Link as pointed out.

I have wired Prolink ground to the cigarette lighter ground.
    Last edited by Redline83; 12-19-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I did the same thing when first trying to sort out the Pro Link stuff. Cheers!