Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I give up! LC1 is not working right!! Jagged AFR log constantly

$199 -- Inexpensive

When I started tuning, an AFR meter was $20K and it actually pulled exhaust into a sample chamber for analysis. (Not quite real time... )

Then the "affordable" wideband came along: $1000-$1500. Replacement sensors were $600. (Horiba BTW)

Now everyone makes one for $150-$500, even DIY versions!
    And the sensor is $50 at NAPA
    Sometimes I don't miss the "good ol' days"...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    I paid $175 for my LC-1 and its a POS. I'm hoping the LM-1 is worth the extra $150 I had to fork out.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    There is a poll on LS1tech.com about LC-1's. 35% failure rate! Even if 10% is user error, 25% manf/eng design problems? Why is everyone still ravving about this product? What confuses me is that I think the LM-1 has the same guts as the LC-1, yet I haven't read a single complaint or failure realting to it. I get my LM-1 on Friday. Can't wait.

I have heard that a lot of import guys use the AEM.
    is a wiring issue. the lm1 just grounds eerything through the cig lighter. i think...

Potential Tuner
    I re-wired my LC-1 heater ground and recalibrated the LC-1 heater. The data looks much better with the car at idle. I will need to take it out for some WOT runs to see how those look.

I exported the data and graphed it using Excel. There are many less lean spikes (noise, I assume) than before, making for a readable curve where before there was nothing but scattered data centered around the high 14s.

So, an isolated ground to the floorpan has made things much better. That being the case, I know everything works and I know that the EIO-LC1 interface wiring is picky with respect to grounding so I can keep working on it.

Potential Tuner
    The nicer curves went away when I started driving it. I guess I will try a heatsink to see if that helps as it was when the car was warm that my data started to look bad again.

If I export my WOT data to excel and remove the random lean (14.x) data points, the curve I am left with is usable and appears to reflect what Logworks is showing. You have to jump through some hoops to get there, though.

Advanced Tuner
    i too am having issues..i think. im gonna get a replacement sensor and see if that helps, if not, then off to another wideband.