Thread: Question On tune LS3

Potential Tuner

Question On tune LS3

Hello all,

I've been searching lots of forum without luck.

I'm having an issue with my truck missing and popping around 2-3k light throttle.
    I'm trying to rule out if my tune is the issue. I'm thinking it might be an electrical wire issue somewhere.

I've attached a log and tune. I had it tuned by a tuner that I'm not sure if they did it right. I made adjustments to the trans back to stock settings since it has shift kit and other parts.

I also have an issue with no lock up. Lock up works if I control it from VCM scanner but not on it's own. Is there something in my file I'm missing?

The vehicle is a 2007 Tahoe 4x4 LT.

I put in a LS376/525, It has a 09 Escalade Truck Intake.

The trans is built with a super servo, shift kit, yank 2600 converter.

It has a 09 Escalade Fuel pump
    LT Headers
    Full Exhaust
    I just put new plugs in, New wires (Taylor)

The motor is brand new

Hopefully this is enough info to help.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    you need to log your MAF hz and live AFR with a wideband sensor, then do another log. your tune is MAF only. without the MAF frequency and an AFR value its challenging to rule out fueling as the issue. it also looks like your TCC lock up is turned off in the trans tune

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply. I will see if I can get a wideband and log it.

Sorry to sound ignorant but I've search so many forums for lockup, where do i go to turn it on if it is off?

Advanced Tuner
    transmission, torque converter, TCC duty cycle min and max. compare the values to a stock file from the repository

Potential Tuner
    Oh yes, I raised them from stock based on another forum I was reading with no luck. Stock values won't lock it.

Didn't know if apply/release tables might be a factor. Or if something else I'm missing. I was reading with stalls that the duty cycle needs to be raised on some stalls to lock.

Ps if it shows a few post just now, trying to write on my phone and it kept deleting it.

Potential Tuner
    So I swapped ECMs and the misfire went away. I think I fried it when I first got done with the motor, I forgot a ground and it wouldn't start. I fixed that it ran fine then later started missing. Now with the ecm swap it seems to be good.

My lockup is working but only when I'm at lower speeds like 55 or so. On the freeway its not locking. Do I need to change pressure settings or force motor currents? If so, what should I try?