Thread: Working On Confguring Scanner for GEN V Torque Logging, Please Advise...

Working On Confguring Scanner for GEN V Torque Logging, Please Advise...

My wife and I purchased a Camaro SS 1LE the other day. This was partly because I wanted to gain experience with the E92 on my own time. I'd like to learn the ins and outs of this platform, and get a grasp on the torque management system. I've read through the E78/E92 Sticky, and have been choosing PIDS I thought may be relevant to the torque limiting items addressed in the flow chart.
    E92 Flow Chart.PNG
    Stuff to Log.PNG
    The list of items it lays out to log is quite long.

I have attached my channel file in hopes someone can give me advice about if I need to add or delete any of the PIDS I'm logging. Once I know the PIDS I can start looking into what tables I need to build, etc.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 12-12-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Looks like you have everything covered. I will say, at least from my experience, that the numbers represented in the log seldom match up to anything that makes any sense. I have tried to log all of it and then reference it back to the virtual torque tables but I can't seem to draw any correlation. I know that editing the torque tables works and really is the place to play once you have your fueling and spark tables sorted out but my approach has been more of a shot in the dark of building tables that represent a torque curve that should closely represent what the vehicle is actually making. For better or for worse this has worked for me so far though I feel like I am limited in the top end on my tune a bit.

Good luck!

Are you just trying to keep the virtual torque numbers slightly higher than actual, or raising incrementally by a given %?

I remember seeing a hierarchy of torque somewhere on this website that was something like DD<MAX<Peak, so everything would play nice. I can't remember where I saw it. The reading for the E92 computer has good info, but I'm still fuzzy on where the performance restrictions start popping up once you start making more power.

Quote Originally Posted by evolmotorsprt View Post
    Are you just trying to keep the virtual torque numbers slightly higher than actual, or raising incrementally by a given %?

I remember seeing a hierarchy of torque somewhere on this website that was something like DD<MAX<Peak, so everything would play nice. I can't remember where I saw it. The reading for the E92 computer has good info, but I'm still fuzzy on where the performance restrictions start popping up once you start making more power.
    If you dig down there here you will find some posts talking about when you know how your tables need adjusted, you will start having issues with it basically reducing power as your car will be making more torque than the tables call for. The general idea is the torque tables should follow what you are making, I know mine are a bit higher than my torque but I haven't had any issues with it switching modes. Just keep an eye on your Predicted/Immediate Engine Torque Source, it might vary from platform to platform (Some cars use engine torque in the tables, others use axle) but generally you want Axle to be the source, but it will switch to transmission when shifting if you have an automatic. I am sure someone else can chime in on some of the other states that might indicate that you are bumping the max of your tables, I've never had a problem with it so I can't say exactly what to look for. Just compare all of your requested torques versus the same delivered torque and if your delivered torque is ever higher than your request while you are full throttle you are probably choking it back somewhere in the tables. I look at the "Driver Pedal Axle Torque Request" versus the "Immediate Axle Torque Command" a lot and have gotten decent results as using it as a gauge, the numbers are huge compared to the actual tables but the correlation is there.

Good luck!