Thread: DFCO on an LS3

Tuner in Training

DFCO on an LS3

Could someone please explain if DFCO will work with the following settings:

DFCO Enable RPM: 1800rpm
    DFCO Disable RPM: 2000rpm

My previous tune had the disable RPM lower than the enable RPM (which to me is logical).

Will I ever enter DFCO if the disable RPM is higher than the enable RPM?

Advanced Tuner
    if you want to disable them the set the enable ECT to 493F, the disable ECT to 490F. set the enable RPM to 8192 and the disable RPM to 8100.

enable ECT- above that value the DFCO will activate off the RPM boundaries.
    disable ECT- below this value the DFCO will no longer activate

enable RPM- on coast down with no accelerator peddle input as RPM falls towards idle above this value there will be no fuel injected
    disable RPM- on coast down with no accelerator peddle input as RPM falls towards idle on the RPM falls below this value the PCM will begin injecting fuel again.

I find that with big cam manual cars I have some success maintaining control over coast down and coming to a rolling stop by raising that window. I will usually allow DFCO above 2000RPM but ask the PCM to begin injecting fuel again at 1500 ish RPM

Tuner in Training
    So in this tune why would the disable RPM be set 200rpm higher than the enable RPM?

Somebody's mistake ?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Somebody's mistake ?
    I don't think it is a mistake, however, I'm not sure why they would do it that way.

Tuner in Training
    Would this setup essentially turn off DFCO? If it is I would have thought a better approach would have been to max out the ECT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    if you want to disable them the set the enable ECT to 493F, the disable ECT to 490F. set the enable RPM to 8192 and the disable RPM to 8100.

enable ECT- above that value the DFCO will activate off the RPM boundaries.
    disable ECT- below this value the DFCO will no longer activate

enable RPM- on coast down with no accelerator peddle input as RPM falls towards idle above this value there will be no fuel injected
    disable RPM- on coast down with no accelerator peddle input as RPM falls towards idle on the RPM falls below this value the PCM will begin injecting fuel again.

I find that with big cam manual cars I have some success maintaining control over coast down and coming to a rolling stop by raising that window. I will usually allow DFCO above 2000RPM but ask the PCM to begin injecting fuel again at 1500 ish RPM
    Any thoughts on why my new tune would have DFCO Enable RPM: 1800rpm and DFCO Disable RPM: 2000rpm?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by frw View Post
    Any thoughts on why my new tune would have DFCO Enable RPM: 1800rpm and DFCO Disable RPM: 2000rpm?
    You should be able to log the pid "Spark State" and that will tell you when you are in DFCO, CFCO, coast, etc. If you don't see DFCO come up with those settings then it's most likely disabled