Thread: Standalone Data Logging

Standalone Data Logging

Please forgive me for being a total newbie when it comes to this, but how do I start standalone data logging? It said it is vehicle specific, what vehicles are supported? I'm currently using the MVPI2 and I am considering getting the pro set just for this and the incorporation of external inputs. But I'm not sure it is worth it to me if the data logging (and other pro features) is not available for my car ('07 Cadillac CTS-V w/LS2 V8).

Here's my situation. I have recently done some modifications to my car, and now i am dealing with some drive-ability issues that are driving me crazy. It will go days between events, and it always seems to happen when I don't have the laptop hooked up and recording. I would like to log all of the data for my vehicle until an event occurs, and then pull the logs from that time period and and review them. Is this something I can do with this feature?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2 currently does not support standalone datalogging on ANY vehicle. You must currently use a laptop to scan.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"