Thread: single injection tune

Tuner

single injection tune

Can someone share a decent single injection tune I can look off. I'm having trouble with correcting the timing with no pilot.

Banned
    Will need to advance timing to get it running smoother once pilot has been pulled

Hey Jim

Would the timing calculator work for him with a single event tune?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Will need to advance timing to get it running smoother once pilot has been pulled
    If I just zero the pilot pw will that just turn it off or do I need to shut off the pilot fuel quantity

Banned
    Like with post, only need to zero out quantity to turn off the pilot. Fueling will want to bump up slightly and timing turned up till it starts running smoother. I wouldn?t really worry about a timing calculator.

Tuner
    So I did a little research and looked at some logs for idle with a single injection tune and at idle at 13mm3 it is about 6-7* with a slight decrease in rp but I dont know what timing/rp to run while driving. Do I just advance it even more or more fuel? Does anybody have a single injection tune they have messed with or know about one?

Tuner
    So I wrote the tune and everything is well except for the start up is lacking a little. I understand it would be a little slow due to not having pilot but it seems to have a little bit of a hickup right after it starts, it will crank, struggle a little bit then it spikes (thats the 1000rpm) and then it goes to normal idle. The first log is advanced timing to 30mm3 and the second is 50mm3. I did this because I thought that since it reaches 50mm3 during cranking it would be better but I think I actually made it worse by giving it less time to advance the timing from -3* to 5*.
    single_injection_3_startup.hpl
    single_injection_3_startup_2.hpl
    My tune if anyone was wondering
    single_inj_3.hpt

Banned
    Different tables are used during cranking

Tuner
    Different tables are used during cranking
    Yeah my crank timing matches what I'm seeing and as soon as it goes to running it advancing a lot but I dont want to mess with crank timing. Do you think that running rough condition could be from just the rapid increase in timing?

Banned
    If it smoothies out after releasing from cranking mode and everything settles out, possibly a portion of it, is it smoother during a hot start versus a cold start?

Tuner
    If it smoothies out after releasing from cranking mode and everything settles out, possibly a portion of it, is it smoother during a hot start versus a cold start?
    when I had the tune on it was basically a hot engine because I loaded it and messed around a little after I got home from work but the next morning I started it cold and I did not hear the single injection tune, a few minutes later while I was inside I heard it idling quite odd almost like a lope and it was just billowing out white smoke, a lot of it. I quickly shut it off and tried to put it back to stock and of course it would not want to load and was giving me a controller init failed error. I left it and drove another car and after I got home I started it and moved it around back it ran fine with no single injection sound and then I got around the block i started to hear it and a little bit louder. I parked it and it started to smoke a little bit more than it was when I drove it around. I shut it off and then tried a couple things to try and get it to flash but no cigar. Finally when I was about to do a pcm reflash with my J2534 I got it read with hptuners and set it back to stock. I have no idea why it ran that way and I couldnt log it because it wouldnt connect to the mpvi. I previously wrote a single injection tune and it did the same thing (also tried running it in cold conditions) my guess is that maybe it had a timing or fuel correction that threw off my original tune.