Thread: Street Tune for 2002 Camaro

Potential Tuner

Street Tune for 2002 Camaro

Hello I am new to the HP Tuner and have never under took something like this. I am very excited to learn but don?t want to screw anything up. I have a 2002 SLP SS Camaro that I have done headers, Y pipe, high flow cats and 3 inch exhaust. I installed a Nitrous express nitrous kit and have not sprayed it yet. I am looking for a tune or some advice for a good tune for the bolt ons I have done and if someone could help me with a nitrous tune up it would be fantastic!

Thanks!!

Everything is custom to the vehicle, someone elses tune file won't be what you want to get you started. No two engines will ever require the exact same data to make them function their best when mods are involved, there are just too mainly variables to work around.

I highly suggest you purchase a wideband o2 sensor to you can monitor and log the real time air fuel ratios on the gauge and through the scanner with HP Tuners.

Then try to read up on airflow/fueling calibration tuning to correct the airflow model because the change in exhaust. You're main focus will be on fixing the MAF curve and VE table to dial in the fueling. After that you can optimize timing and full throttle fueling to make sure the engine will be happy at full throttle. You will likely have to make a separate tune with minor changes for nitrous if using it at the track. Mainly timing and fueling will need to be different depending on how big the kit is and if it's a wet or dry kit.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the advice!