Thread: Running single O2 sensor 2013 Mustang GT

Tuner in Training

Running single O2 sensor 2013 Mustang GT

I'm having an issue with setting up the car to run a single O2 sensor. As soon as the "number of sensors" is set to 1, the car will lose 75% of the dataloging channels. Are there only certain processor codes that will support doing this?

Advanced Tuner
    Why run only one O2 sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Single turbo setup with one sensor in the downpipe.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did you try repolling?

I know after I turned on flex fuel strategy I had to repoll to see some of the flex fuel pids.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Just put both sensors in downpipe.
    Assuming you're talking the factory widebands?

Senior Tuner
    I've done it but have to look at a tune to see for sure... Pretty sure I just do sensors 1 and turn off a heater and map LTFT Bank vs Cylinder or something like that to have all cylinders use the 0 sensor. If I remember correctly it's not happy if bank 2 sensor is the one you try to use.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I've done it but have to look at a tune to see for sure... Pretty sure I just do sensors 1 and turn off a heater and map LTFT Bank vs Cylinder or something like that to have all cylinders use the 0 sensor. If I remember correctly it's not happy if bank 2 sensor is the one you try to use.
    This is what I tried and should have worked. I even went back to a stock tune with only one change (number of o2 sensors 1) to see what was killing the datalog channels. I ended up pulling the down pipe and fitting the second sensor to move past the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Change number if 02 sensors to 1. This will use the passenger side sensor only. Then you need to map out what cylinder uses what sensor. This is to prevent bank to bank fighting if both sensors are in the same down pipe.