Thread: Torque table tuning 17 mustang gt without dyno

Torque table tuning 17 mustang gt without dyno

Can anyone tell me how to tune the torque tables on a 17 coyote without a dyno? can it be done using the Indicated engine torque, load and rpm?

Advanced Tuner
    Engine brake torque, torque request/driver demand, air load, rpm. All 6 of your driver demand tables should be in sync with each gear.
    Why are you wanting to adjust your torque tables?

I have some IPC wheel torque error. And I want to make sure my torque tables are right after the Holley Sniper install.

Advanced Tuner
    I recommend to first calculate the inverse tables using the stock torque tables. You can use the inverse calculator in the editor or use your own formula. Once you start changing torque values, rescaling inverse would be needed. You'll find stock inverse tables aren't calculated correct and this can fix your problem. Are you using only mapped points 14-25?
    When I dialed torque tables in on a CJ, JLT, Lontube header car, I actually decreased values in the torque tables. Bm

I have been using 1-14 and op. Makes sense on the torque reduction because they supposedly lose torque with the CJ and Sniper.

I think that the built in TQ inverse calculator doesn't work very well.

For example, on stock GT TQ tables, that calculator will make pretty big changes to the inverse. I made a spreadsheet to go TQ > inverse and inverse > TQ, and the GT tables change less than 1%.

The truth is, I don't think anyone on the forum, including HPT themselves, fully understand what causes IPC TQ errors.

In my experience, the TQ tables themselves don't seem to do much. The inverse seem more heavily leveraged. IPC errors seem to happen when the engine is making more TQ than expected. Try selectively reducing the inverse table load values in areas you get the IPC errors and see if they improve.