Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest update 4.2

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Responded. Just an FYI "bumping" your ticket actually sends it to the BACK of the line of tickets.
    Dammit. That's dumb but thanks for the heads up. All of my stuff decided to start working late in the day yesterday. No changes made just started working. Wouldn't work for a full day before that, just weird.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm still having the issue. Support said there was a USB issue according to the debug file but i've tried a new USB cord and another laptop and 3 different cars and i still cannot read/write or use the scanner. i DON'T have any other interfaces or tuning software, so i'm REALLY screwed right now...what's frustrating is on Monday and Tuesday, everything mysteriously worked without issues then went back to invalid app key and unable to detect vehicle diagnostic protocol messages...

Potential Tuner
    Same thing here. Updated to newer software and can't do anything. The time I updated the USB driver it worked for the connection but then nothing after that.

Advanced Tuner
    Back to won't communicate again. Can't read, write or log. Merry Christmas! lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Back to won't communicate again. Can't read, write or log. Merry Christmas! lol
    Thanks Curt, we are currently working on a fix for the issue, I got your email and we are reviewing further.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I just ran into this issue today. I was able to log and tune two cars which were previously licensed, but no communication with two cars which I have not licensed yet. Added four credits to my account and new Application Key does not work. installing 4.0.12 did not fix it for me either. Tried second cable with different USB cable did not help. Tried different USB ports did not help. I hope tech support is in the office today

Potential Tuner
    I also tried several other cables, tried on other vehicles, tried uninstalling and reinstalling both versions and the device driver all with no luck.

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to read/write one on Monday this week after I wiggled the OBD2 cable where it connects to the interface. I THINK it was pure coincidence, but when i messed with the cable, the 'busy' light lit up on the interface and it worked. I'm going back to my shop this evening to try again on another truck, so we'll see.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Curt, we are currently working on a fix for the issue, I got your email and we are reviewing further.
    Thanks for the response Bill. What a pita but it's all good. I know this kind of stuff happens. At least I'm a little slow atm.

Advanced Tuner
    Any update on this? I still can't use any of my hptuners gear and I have like 4 vehicles waiting on tuning now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Any update on this? I still can't use any of my hptuners gear and I have like 4 vehicles waiting on tuning now.
    We're still working on it, we were able to recreate the issue on our test pc's late last night but all signs point to setting compatibility mode to windows 7 as the fix that has worked for us every time. Keep in mind you must power down the MPVI1 completely ie disconnect from the vehicle AND laptop before trying to scan, read/flash.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    We're still working on it, we were able to recreate the issue on our test pc's late last night but all signs point to setting compatibility mode to windows 7 as the fix that has worked for us every time. Keep in mind you must power down the MPVI1 completely ie disconnect from the vehicle AND laptop before trying to scan, read/flash.
    So I tried this again and the scanner started logging. Does the compatibility go back to default when you update? Because I had changed both regular and beta all to windows 7 compatibility before and when I just went to try and test again 2 of them were back to the default setting.

Hopefully it continues to work.

Advanced Tuner
    Just fyi. I was able to read and write this mustang and then when I went to log it went back to unable to comm. Double checked to make sure it was still in windows 7 compatibility and then killed the power to the mpvi and it started logging again.

VCM Suite 4.2.12 has just been published.

It should resolve these issues and you should no longer have to run the app in compatibility mode.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

my beta, download today, show me the same issue. Scanner no connection and the editor say me "Invailed application key"
    But if I use my MPVI2, the scanner works!

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    my beta, download today, show me the same issue. Scanner no connection and the editor say me "Invailed application key"
    But if I use my MPVI2, the scanner works!
    Did you try the non-beta release, version 4.2.12? It's possible that the beta you had downloaded today was before the fix was released for the beta build.

Please also be sure to unplug your MPVI from both the computer and the car, so that it will power down and reset, before plugging it back in and trying it again.

I only use the beta. can you confirm, the newest beta has fixed that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I only use the beta. can you confirm, the newest beta has fixed that issue?
    Beta version 4.3.107 has the fix, which is currently in the process of being released. The website wasn't quite updated yet when I checked it a moment ago (still at .106)...

This is a rare situation where the regular non-beta download got an update before the beta did.

Okay, load it tomorrow and test.

latest update should fix the invalid application key issue?