Thread: Help with my tune .It bucks and the A/C drops

Help with my tune .It bucks and the A/C drops

My first post, and a common question im sure.

I had a very good mechanic work on my car. My car runs great at WOT and half throttle. Actually the only time the car doesnt feel right is at low RPMs.

I get bucking ALOT when the car is cold, and when its at normeral operating tempture going through parking lots at low RPMs. ( so both cold and hot ) RPM range 1100-1400 RPMs

My car had been tuned , retuned, and retuned again but I still have the same issues. So it is not for the lack of trying by the tuner because he has 10 hours of tuning into the car. He's good not a shade tree machanic.

1) I have bucking at 1100-1300 RPMs. (noticble in all gears)

2)Also while cruising with the A/C on, if I see a red light , I pull it out of gear and coast up to the light. The RPMs drop from a couple grand to 600RPMs ,almost stalls and search for the idle to settle in at 900RPMs
    I had a TR224 installed with stock heads and all the bolts ons. It had drop idle issues fix and after that was fixed it was tuned it ran right. Last month I pulled out that cam for the 228R and added AFR 205 heads

What's off on my tune or did I move from baby cam (tr224)with no issues to TSP228R larger cam and issues ?

My cam is a TSP 228R .588/.588 114, AFR heads with 10.85:01 compression, and all the bolt ons. I have a very good tuner that uses HP tuner, but I wonder if it's the cam specs ( 228/228 .588/.588 114 or the tune needs a little more tweeking somewhere im missing something. If it was a big cam issue from a 228, Ill buy another TR224 on a 112 and pay him to install it just to have a better driving car.

I take suggestion from any pros on here to see that say to try

The car is a 2000 C5, LS1, MN6
    tell me what you think or iis it baby cam life issues?
    Thanks for your help

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette
    My first post, and a common question im sure.

I had a very good mechanic work on my car. My car runs great at WOT and half throttle. Actually the only time the car doesnt feel right is at low RPMs.

I get bucking ALOT when the car is cold, and when its at normeral operating tempture going through parking lots at low RPMs. ( so both cold and hot ) RPM range 1100-1400 RPMs

My car had been tuned , retuned, and retuned again but I still have the same issues. So it is not for the lack of trying by the tuner because he has 10 hours of tuning into the car. He's good not a shade tree machanic.

1) I have bucking at 1100-1300 RPMs. (noticble in all gears)

2)Also while cruising with the A/C on, if I see a red light , I pull it out of gear and coast up to the light. The RPMs drop from a couple grand to 600RPMs ,almost stalls and search for the idle to settle in at 900RPMs
    I had a TR224 installed with stock heads and all the bolts ons. It had drop idle issues fix and after that was fixed it was tuned it ran right. Last month I pulled out that cam for the 228R and added AFR 205 heads

What's off on my tune or did I move from baby cam (tr224)with no issues to TSP228R larger cam and issues ?

My cam is a TSP 228R .588/.588 114, AFR heads with 10.85:01 compression, and all the bolt ons. I have a very good tuner that uses HP tuner, but I wonder if it's the cam specs ( 228/228 .588/.588 114 or the tune needs a little more tweeking somewhere im missing something. If it was a big cam issue from a 228, Ill buy another TR224 on a 112 and pay him to install it just to have a better driving car.

I take suggestion from any pros on here to see that say to try

The car is a 2000 C5, LS1, MN6
    tell me what you think or iis it baby cam life issues?
    Thanks for your help
    ok, usually from what ive seen the bucking is more of not haveing the torque where it was before. people solve it most of the time with a lil timing and a little more fuel to give it some more torque. i hope im not talking out of my ass but thats what ive read. hope it helps.

TTTT
    Let me try posting this in gas section