Thread: Did I brick my PCM?

Did I brick my PCM?

I have a 2012 Silverado 5.3L truck that has a 6.0L (2007 LY6) installed. I have the donor engine PCM as well, which I installed in the truck and read out along with the stock 5.3L computer tune. To make things simple, I licensed both PCM's, loaded up donor trucks' 6.0L tune file, and did a write entire on only the engine section, not the TCM.

Now, the truck starts and runs with the 6.0L setup. Next up, I was going to start working the tune for the truck (populating the E fan's/ect). Upon trying to do a calibration only write, I am unable to, at first I kept getting a controller unlocker timeout, then now it says I do not have a license for the ECU. Upon closing the file out, and doing a Gather Info, there is no VIN listed.....only a string of characters. In an attempt to go back with the stock 5.3L file, I loaded it up and attempted a write entire and calibration only reflash, and am unable.

So, now i'm stuck. I went ahead and did a full readout, thinking ok maybe I can just spend 2 more credits so I can at least get access to the PCM and then write it back stock, as i'm thinking perhaps this OS (donor truck ECU) is not valid to be written on here for some reason. When I try that route, it will read out the funky VIN tune, but then says the file is tuner locked.......

So essentially now i'm stuck, I cannot write to the PCM due to the funky characters in the VIN field, and it saying the file I read out now is locked somehow....

I'm wondering if me trying to do a write entire on only the ECM with the 6.0L program is what did it......everything was fine up until then.

I have a ticket in to support, so hopefully some help when they get back into office there, but also appreciate any help from members here to get up and going.

Thank You!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Sorry, thought I had posted this to the V8 section......but appreciate any help....
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw