Thread: Bench tuning a EGS52 TCM

Advanced Tuner

Bench tuning a EGS52 TCM

Is this possible?
    I can't tune anything in the TCM due to a negative response code and I can't find out why.
    Support says it's probably a wiring problem with the car but I have no problems when I drive it. No codes.

So has anyone taken the TCM out and flashed it by itself?

Tuner in Training
    I would like to know this too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrostLSC View Post
    I would like to know this too.
    I have since made a bench tuning set up. Easy and it works.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    I have since made a bench tuning set up. Easy and it works.
    Care to share any details? I have unsuccessfully tried.

Advanced Tuner
    I followed this

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    To make the bench flash cable, you just need to connect the obd2 connector with the trans connector. Can+ to Can+ etc. To make my ECM cable, I followed this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...7-Hemi-pin-out
    If you follow those pinout connections including the j1850 one, and use a 120 ohm resistor between the can bus wires, you will have made a cable that can read and flash all NGC style Chrysler pcms from 2003 NGC1 to 2012 NGC4. I just used crimp connectors to join the wires, but soldering them is probably better. But I have flashed hundreds using those crimp connectors without any hiccups. I will likely splice in some connectors so I can add the wires for the TCM connectors too so that I can flash those in the future too. It should be quite easy to add TCM flashing.

As far as flashing both the ecm and tcm after every change in either one; no, you don't need to do that. Sorry I wasn't clear when I was speaking earlier. I was actually using a j2534 pass thru and using the official files downloaded directly from Chrysler's tech authority website to flash the ECM I bought. Inside that official Chrysler flash file for the ECM, there is also TCM programming too; which I didn't know about. The 2006 flash files do not try to program the TCM at all, but the 07 files seem to have TCM code too. Likely the later years all have TCM code included in the ECM flash files too.
    In this thread https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post554095