Thread: Torque Management Help

Advanced Tuner

Torque Management Help

Hello,

My brother wants to power brake his truck and burn rubber. When we try his RPM's rise to about 1800 and that's it. Almost like it's hitting a limiter. I've tried multiple settings with transmission abuse and it appears to me that all torque management is removed. Would someone be willing to take a look at this tune file and see what I'm missing?

Misc info - truck does not have a traction control button, tire size/rim size is stock (17), tread is highway, torque converter is stock, and no engine lights or mechanical problems.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.Current and need help please.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    The factory stall in the 6.0 is about 1650 rpm. Which means the converter looks up around there when the brakes are applied. If you make more power it can lock up later...so 1800 sounds about right. If you can't break them free then you need to plumb and wire a line lock solenoid.

Yeah it's likely fighting the rear brakes and can't over come that friction. Needs more power or less brakes to do that. Be light on the brake pedal and see if it can squak the tires.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the info.

If timing drops drastically or throttle closes any at all it's brake tq management. HPT doesn't have thost tables populated yet. I've been slowly adding them in for the cars I tune in the shop to disable it. I don't have some of the scalers currently so it's not sane values in the fields but yea it's a start.

Brake TQ Management.png
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome! Thank you sir. User defined parameters is something I need to look into further. I haven't messed with it yet.