Thread: Lost 2 credits. Not sure what i did wrong!!!

Tuner in Training

Lost 2 credits. Not sure what i did wrong!!!

Hey guys,

I was going to disable DOD on a buddies 2012 Silverado today. I read the stock tune file. Named it. Made my changes to the DOD. Clicked save. Prompted a file license. I did vehicle specific. Licensed the file with 2 credits. Now, when I try to write that file to the vehicle, it says I do not have a license for the file.

When I check my License information, it shows that I have used 2 credits, for a 2012 Chevy Silverado. I'm not sure what I did wrong here or if I'm missing something.

Please help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    using my magic crystal ball I see you likely read the FSCM but did not license it. Thats just my best educated guess without more information.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hey, I'm a newby but my 2010 Silverado required 3 licenses. But what I can't figure out is why I have no 1,2,or3 bar os to choose from. Does this require more licenses.

It required 3 because you bought the fuel pump control module when you didn't have too. You could have re-read the file while unchecking the FPCM and it would have only been 2 credits.

Not every OS offers a 2 or 3 bar OS in those trucks. I rarely see 2010-2011 trucks have them and 2012-2013 was hit and miss.

No GEN 4 OS ever offered 3 bar in those trucks, only 2 bar. It's not like the GEN 3 computers that had 1,2 and 3 bar OS on most computers.

The OS upgraded is not ever required, you can alter the MAP settings for a 2 or 3 bar sensor as well as extended VVE table to support 2 or 3 bar. Using the MAF is normally suggested even with boost because the card style MAF sensors can read a ton of airflow and support very high horsepower builds.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGHARING View Post
    Hey, I'm a newby but my 2010 Silverado required 3 licenses. But what I can't figure out is why I have no 1,2,or3 bar os to choose from. Does this require more licenses.
    Because we don't offer custom operating systems for them hence the reason why you have no 1, 2, or 3 bar os to choose from. Use VVE calculator.

wow, learn something new every second. so I have a 2 bar map I bought for the turbo build, can I make adjustments for this in the tune, or is whats on the truck good enough and I should't change the map sensor. it's a flex fuel.
    I am looking for 600-650hp.

I think I'm going to need help on this

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    look into using the VVE calculator.

Ok, what will this do.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    using my magic crystal ball I see you likely read the FSCM but did not license it. Thats just my best educated guess without more information.
    I'm guessing this is correct as I just looked and the license is requiring just 1 more credit to write. $50 dollar lesson learned.

Thanks everyone for the responses

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It required 3 because you bought the fuel pump control module when you didn't have too. You could have re-read the file while unchecking the FPCM and it would have only been 2 credits.

Not every OS offers a 2 or 3 bar OS in those trucks. I rarely see 2010-2011 trucks have them and 2012-2013 was hit and miss.

No GEN 4 OS ever offered 3 bar in those trucks, only 2 bar. It's not like the GEN 3 computers that had 1,2 and 3 bar OS on most computers.

The OS upgraded is not ever required, you can alter the MAP settings for a 2 or 3 bar sensor as well as extended VVE table to support 2 or 3 bar. Using the MAF is normally suggested even with boost because the card style MAF sensors can read a ton of airflow and support very high horsepower builds.
    You are absolutely correct. This is what happened. Thank you.