Thread: 2010 E38 no custom os's show up

2010 E38 no custom os's show up

Hello, I would appreciate some help, I have a 2010 silverado 5.3. I plan on installing a turbo in Jan, I thought I'd get a jump on setting up the ecu prior, as to work out the learning curve. I purchased the MVPI2 about 3-4 months ago and purchased the pro option today.

Question 1. I never saw nor can find any of the custom operating systems, I would like to use the 2bar, and change my fan s temp range and so on.
    Do I need to purchase something else.

does the pro version take car of the os problem.

I used 3 credits licensing the ecu and downloaded the stock tune, turned off DoD made some small changes, But I see I will need some help with this process.

I attached my stock tune

Thank You for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Read the other thread you posted in.

You don't have that option on your computer to use a 2 bar OS. You have other ways of running the turbo kit still.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Sorry, I did, was trying to find the appropriate place to post my questions. I figured somebody already went threw this.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Custom OS are under the operating system tab. Your ECM doesn't have the 2bar though. Your ECM will still support boost though.

I put something together based on the file you uploaded. Use the "compare" to see what was changed.

stocktune2010silverado try this.hpt

OS.PNG

Ok,
    Thanks

Wow, that's fast for all the changes you made, I noticed the supper charger was used, will this help with the boost aspect, what will these updates do for the engine.
    I'm ok with hardware trying to wrap my head around the aspects of the tuning. I noticed some of the changes are discrete, how do they effect the operation.
    I would imagine this is from a lot of tuning time put in.

also should I apply the other os patches.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry! Forgot to add a few things! Getting rusty :-(?.

I didn't change any of the super charger tables. They are there by default as the E38 ECM but you'll notice at the current parameters it's not doing anything as far as the ECM image goes. What do you mean some of the changes are discrete? Everything I changed you should be able to see. If not you may not be in the advanced view. To check go to "edit" on top of application and at the bottom you'll see "view" highlight it and select "advanced".

Use this file. vs the first one I sent.stocktune2010silverado try this.hpt

I use to tune with a program called EFI live (until it was stolen) and had more experience with Gen 3 ECM's. I had a stretch of not tuning at all and decided to buy HP Tuners. HP Tuners to me is way better than EFI. Not dogging EFI but HP program has an easier interface, great support from others and HP, custom OS's, cheaper price, and decent credit system. You'll learn quick. Just read up when you have free time and ask questions if unsure.

The only custom OS I would do now is "speed density air mode" but you really don't need it until you start VVE tuning. When you apply these you'll need to do a "write entire". Get more familiar with the system before you do any of it though.

Changes I made are more advanced timing, MAF enable at lower RPM, power enrichment mode kicks on sooner, leaner AFR in power enrichment (I've verified AFR with a wideband on stock 5.3), fans on sooner, speed limiter raised to 150, idle speed, throttle opening rate set to 100 percent, disabled "DOD", reduced torque management a little, and raised max RPM by a few hundred.

Advanced Tuner
    The first file I sent you I forgot to increase throttle opening rate, raise top speed limiter, make fans come on sooner, and make dynamic airflow mode come on 1K RPM sooner. Second file has all of this.

Wow, Thank you for the help, discrete was a poor option, very subtle, I suck at spelling, "small changes here and there" I would not have know this, I was looking for big obvious things to change. I have a long way to go.

Advanced Tuner
    No problem. Oh. LOL. Don't worry I do too.

You'll get there. It's a blast and so many people are tuning LS motors the information is plentiful.

Ok, I played with the VEE table, I changed the axis to 210 kpa to allow for boost, I noticed it inserted a variety of positive and negative numbers in the new cells. Is this just random junk or is this a correct population of numbers. I also adding a 2 bar map sensor so I went to fuel system / max engine boost and put 160 in all cells, min desired pressure at 300kpa and set max desired pressure 380 in all cells. I got the settings from reading threads of similar build and tune, so the fuel pressure maintains through out rpm range. It sounded reasonable when discussed.

I know I'll have to log and adjust the tune, I would like to get the tune into a "Don't fry the engine" mode before I get started.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

You have to create the VVE after 105kpa, the values you get past that are random because that calibration was never designed for boost.

Do your best to build the VVE after 105kpa so it keeps the same slope, it takes a little time and it won't look perfect. That is where tuning a wideband is key to help you fix it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

OK, Appreciate the help.

Thanks