Thread: P0630 After HPTuners install

P0630 After HPTuners install

Any ideas why my 04.5 Cummins is throwing a P0630 code after installing HPTuners? It doesnt seem to be causing any problems, but I am not big fan of having weird DTC's stored on my ECM. It never had this code before and it is absolutely the stock ECM.

Thanks.

Tuner
    Maybe just try clearing it and resetting all the modules by removing batteries and letting it power down

Banned
    Disconnecting batteries and letting the capacitive charge dissipate won?t do anything.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0630

Strange thing is that it only comes up when cycling ignition on dash. Code reader doesnt see it. Oh well. I guess if its not hurting anything.

Banned
    As long as it?s not preventing you from starting the truck by lockout the ecm you should be fine

Potential Tuner
    Ok. Thanks

Tuner
    if the ecm didnt have a vin stored then it wouldnt start or run? I know this because I recently flashed my 06 and after you flash it you need to rewrite the vin into the pcm and set the skim if equipped

Banned
    If the ECM/PCM fails to find or recognize the VIN, a code P0630 will be stored and a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) may be illuminated. The ECM/PCM searches for the VIN when the key is turned on and the self-test is ran. In MOST cases, the ECM/PCM will not function without VIN recognition.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0630
    Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Banned
    06 may be different from 04.5-05. Both 05?s I?ve had, even though they had the grey key, the one with the chip or whatever in it, the skim was never ever enabled in the ecms. Have a truck with the black key, most definitely does not have a skim

Mine has the non-chip key. I dont have CEL, just the code when I cycle the ignition. So far no impact. Maybe a strange stored code that may or may not go away at some point?
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    50HP BMS/Exergy Injectors
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,
    turbosmart ext wastegate,
    BD lift pump with 2 mic filter and h2o separator,
    banks intercooler, Banks intake horn,
    slightly built tranny.......

Tuner
    I have the black key with red light on dash and I do have skim.

Tuner
    I just wrote a tune and it was fine after starting it again I guess the code came up for me as well I cleared it it didnt come back on hmm

Tuner
    I have a 2004.5, I have only seen the p0630 after flashing my truck one time. I cleared the code with my SnapOn Verus Pro and ive flashed it a few more times with no issues...
    2004.5, built 48re, Fass lift pump, s364.5 with a s483 compounds, ARP studs, 103# valve springs, 110hp injectors, 669hp 1075ftlbs