Thread: need help on rev hang/increase between shifts 2015 mustang.

Potential Tuner

need help on rev hang/increase between shifts 2015 mustang.

Hey guys new here, looking to see if anyone could help me figure out a little issue I'm having tuning this car. Run down on the car is a 2015 gt 2.9 front fed whipple with the 132mm tb, has return style fuel system, t56 magnum xl, id 1000s, long tubes, 4.10 gears. so we have this thing 99% dialed in but are having one drivability issue, when you clutch in shifting 2-3 or 3-4 the rpms will not only hang but if you continue to hold the clutch will rev until it reaches 3-3500 rpm then will fall back on its own. it is most noticeable when you initiate a shift in the 1,800-2,500 range anything above that it will not do it; also it is only in during 2-3 and 3-4 shifts in the 20-45 mph range as well it will not do it else ware. let me know were I possibly could look to fix this kinda lost currently.

Tuner in Training
    idle, torque, decel max rate drive: increase the values about 10-15 percent and see if that helps. i have to do that with the aluminum flywheel cars sometimes

Potential Tuner
    10-4 ill give that a try.

Tuner in Training
    if it helps, dont be afraid to try 40 percent or so to help calm it down

Potential Tuner
    no change in the issue.

Tuner in Training
    log your mapped point timing at the point of idle hang. it may be a torque table issue though

Potential Tuner
    will do!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    whats your minimum throttle open rate, could be a cause and if it hangs your timing will decrease trying to pull it down
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Got it figured out, since the car has a t56 magnum the gear ratios in he trans vary a large amount and causing the expected output shaft speed vs engine rpm table to be all screwed. Went into trans, shift general, gear ratio vs gears and changed all the ratios to match the magnum. then went into trans, manual and calculated all the min/max ratios for the t56 magnum gear set, flashed the car and problem fixed.
    Last edited by Red03tenth; 12-19-2018 at 07:44 AM.