Thread: Need to add boost enrichment on 2008 tbss E67 ECU

Tuner in Training

Need to add boost enrichment on 2008 tbss E67 ECU

I keep reading this can be done, hover i downloaded a file, bought the credits , uploaded it and i cannot change the vin to get it to work with my truck Invalid checksum. I need to be able to use the custom os for my injectors and my 30lb boost levels. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    does the VIN you're changing too match the OS the PCM is running?

Tuner in Training
    No and now i really screwed up flashed back to origional os and now says unlicensed, wont let me reflash. it does run though, says unlicensed

Advanced Tuner
    read the file from the PCM and license it. I've had them go to the point of applying credits then they say its already licenced and let you edit and save the file

if the VIN and OS don't match you cant swap or change them. HP Tuners wont let anything mismatch get to the point of flashing. its their way of minimizing the amount of PCMs their customers brick.

EFI live will let you do anything, but get it wrong and the PCM is bricked

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i think its too late, so is there a way to get this table on my E67?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1performance View Post
    I keep reading this can be done, hover i downloaded a file, bought the credits , uploaded it and i cannot change the vin to get it to work with my truck Invalid checksum. I need to be able to use the custom os for my injectors and my 30lb boost levels. any help is greatly appreciated.
    HPT developed Custom Operating Systems (COS) for some Gen 4 controllers, prior to the VVE parameters being added to the HPT software - at which point COS development ended.

Most of the Gen 4 COS are for E38 ECMs. There were only a handful of these COS developed for the E67 ECM. Your 2008 TBSS OS (12618164) never had a COS upgrade option. The 2007 TBSS OS (12611938) did have a COS upgrade option (1250241).

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1performance View Post
    Yeah i think its too late, so is there a way to get this table on my E67?
    No.

It is not a matter of adding a table (it does not exist in the OEM OS), it is a matter of writing an entirely new COS - which HPT no longer does.

Always better to do thorough research and ask many questions before you plunge headlong into such projects.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    HPT developed Custom Operating Systems (COS) for some Gen 4 controllers, prior to the VVE parameters being added to the HPT software - at which point COS development ended.

Most of the Gen 4 COS are for E38 ECMs. There were only a handful of these COS developed for the E67 ECM. Your 2008 TBSS OS (12618164) never had a COS upgrade option. The 2007 TBSS OS (12611938) did have a COS upgrade option (1250241).

No.

It is not a matter of adding a table (it does not exist in the OEM OS), it is a matter of writing an entirely new COS - which HPT no longer does.

Always better to do thorough research and ask many questions before you plunge headlong into such projects.
    So is the 2007 a E 67 that i can swap to ?

Side question, why even consider using a stock computer if you plan to run huge injectors and 30lbs of boost. The upgraded OS can't even go that high and you'll be scaling the tune by half or more just so you can actually see and do everything you want.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Side question, why even consider using a stock computer if you plan to run huge injectors and 30lbs of boost. The upgraded OS can't even go that high and you'll be scaling the tune by half or more just so you can actually see and do everything you want.
    I have my reasons with stabilitrac the AWD etc. Im trying to push the limits of everything the truck came with first for my own knowledge. currently running 17lbs on crappy Fast 85's ID 210's going in tomorrow. stock drivetrain besides all my goodies in the trans. going good so far, just received my new 3 bar map so I will begin to push more tomorrow.

Anyone can order an aftermarket injection setup and get after it. I like the challenge and the learning of the limits. Once I reach the point of exceeding , then I intend to change or dial it down.

The Gen4 OEM ECM's are hard code limited to 255kpa (~23psi) FYI.

Your best bet is to try and have the ECM re-flashed with a GM MDI and hope that a newer OS is available for your truck in which HPT has written a COS for.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400