Thread: 6L90 circle d converter 09 CTSV shuddering during lock up

6L90 circle d converter 09 CTSV shuddering during lock up

New converter installed and on the dyno this thing shudders horribly in 5th and 6th. If I unlock converter via vcm controls it goes away instantly. I have set the tcc slip tables to 0 in 5th and 6th gear. I?ve tried increasing the min tcc pressure etc etc. I even flashed the stock file back into it with no luck. Slip err fluctuates +/- 10% or so at the most when locked. Tcc pressure is falling in line exactly as commanded. Even locking the converter with the vcm controls (max line pressure) changes nothing.

I think it?s a converter issue so just checking here to see if any of you guys may have experienced something similar. Tcc locks at wot and does not slip. Pulls clean to 7k rpm in 4th every time. Gonna check trans fluid level again in the am but we checked it earlier and it was fine however trans temp was slightly higher than it should be for checking level.

Thanks guys for any help offered.
    tcc 4.hpl
    tcc2.hpl
    maf starter 5.hpt
    tcc 3.hpl
    Last edited by shoaf85; 12-18-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I would try raising the regulator offset. Try something like 75 psi and see if it helps.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Senior Tuner
    look at the tcc slip when it is doing it. Set the regulator offset to 40 psi and leave it be. Apply ramp add 15% from 5+ rpm as a test
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    Excuse my ignorance here folks. This is my first post. But I am trying to learn and I have to start somewhere.
    While I am new to tuning. I have been professionally working on transmissions since the 80's.
    In all 3 movies the TCC PWM never leaves 0%. Even if it was programmed on off it should be 0% or 100 %
    You obviously have lock up. But why are you not reading a TCC PWM % value. What am I missing?