Thread: Looking to possibly make the switch

Potential Tuner

Looking to possibly make the switch

I have somewhat of a bastard child setup. 1990 mustang with a 03 4.6 2v and 4r70 transmission. Everything controlled with stock pcm and sct pro racer package. It gets old having to go from laptop to tuner to car. How hard of a switch would it be come to hp tuners? Would I be able to load tunes in without a ngauge? Also would I be able to just read the tune that?s in the pcm now and not loose the maf transfer function table? There are a lot of switches and things we have played with to get it to work like we want. Would all those be saved or wold it be starting from scratch? It?s got a vortech on it so saving the maf table would be great since I have it dialed in.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes, using the MPVI2 you could simply read/flash via laptop. You should be able to read your ecm as it sits in most cases without issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    So all my idle and switches would stay the same? Would the transfer functions table read the same and run the same? Also I have a wideband in the car. Would I need the pro setup to be able to log it?

If the changes you made previously to the vehicle were flashed to the computer, HP Tuners would read it as it was. It wouldn't change anything on you out of random, it's only reading what was already there. So if it's been modded, it would read that and save that as the new "base" file to start with.

The PRO package would make logging the wideband far easier.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    That?s good news for me. Took a while to get it like it is. I was playing around with the demo version of hp and I like the layout much better. It seems to make more sense to me. Would I be able to read the vehicle and save that tune then return it to stock with the sct tuner and also read the stock file to have on file?