Thread: LS3 into a 2006 Corvette?

Potential Tuner

LS3 into a 2006 Corvette?

I have a stock 2006 Corvette with the original LS2 w/ 58-tooth reluctor and original E38 ECM. It has a manual gearbox. The LS2 is blown up.

Let's say I install a stock LS3 with an adapter for the MAP sensor connector. Can I use this software to load a GM factory tune for an '08 manual Corvette and be good to go?

Will the tuned ECM play nicely with the BCM, EBCM, etc.? Is there any VIN shenanigans to deal with? It is the original ECM. Am I overlooking any other harness/sensor incompatibilities between the LS2 and LS3?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    you'll be fine, you will have to change your map sensor values and then you can tune from there. I wouldnt even worry about swapping over an "ls3 tune" they use a different computer and you cant just put that tune in your ecm. Start with the tune thats in the vehicle now and build off of it.

It would probably run pretty decent with just the LS2 calibration, only minor changes would need to be made.

If anything you can just copy over the data you want into your LS2 computer from the LS3 file. You for sure do not want to write a 2008 file into your 2006 car as it very likely to brick the computer or something along those lines.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    If I could scare up a 2008 file, does the HP Tuners interface make it easy to block copy configuration parameters to my 2006 setup? My goal is to make the '06 E38 functionally identical to an '08, or as close as possible.