Thread: 11-17 coyote mustang catless rear o2?s On or off?

Advanced Tuner

11-17 coyote mustang catless rear o2?s On or off?

I?ve seen several tunes with cat deletes and the rear o2?s Are on and enabled and then some are disabled. Does it matter would there be any negative affect to having them on? Mine have been off for about 30k miles.

Potential Tuner
    some people keep them on so cars can pass state inspections for emmisions. I always turn mines off being I have no need for them

Advanced Tuner
    I thought I had read somewhere that with them on they help keep the front ones in calibration as they wear they help adjust for it. Could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    I thought I had read somewhere that with them on they help keep the front ones in calibration as they wear they help adjust for it. Could be totally wrong.
    This is always what I have read too. The rear help keep the front dialed in from what I have read. I know Shaun Perry from AED made a big post about it on SVTP.

Quote Originally Posted by dsblk93gt View Post
    This is always what I have read too. The rear help keep the front dialed in from what I have read. I know Shaun Perry from AED made a big post about it on SVTP.
    I read that post too (I'm "BigPoppa" on SVTP).

While he was technically correct that the Fore/Aft Oxygen Sensor Control allows the rear sensors to bias the fronts (parameter 1165), it only allows the rears to trim the front sensors as they age. It isn't necessary to keep them on for the car to run well.

Leaving the rears off with catless setups is just simple and the tuner doesn't have to jump through circles getting the tune to pass emission checks.

Most don't realize it is easier to leave the rears on and just install MIL eliminators or anti-foulers to pass emissions.
    2013 Mustang GT - Twin Turbo
    2016 Mustang GT
    2011 Suburban Z71 - Tow Machine

Advanced Tuner
    Yea mine have been off in my tune for about 30k miles, was just wondering if it would run any different with them on.

Advanced Tuner
    FAOSC: Used to account for aging effects on the Catalytic converters and O2 Sensor age

My personal take on it ( I'm not going to monitor a car for 5 years ) is that it won't make a difference if you have LTFT on, If you have just STFT then it might make a difference over a couple years but no way short term. A true answer would be obtained by studying a single car long term.

Advanced Tuner
    My ltft is off, just wondering if it would help keeping them on like the article said. Thanks for the info