Thread: 10R80 Shift Points

10R80 Shift Points

Hey everyone. I've got a customer with a 2018 Mustang GT with a 10R80. Anyone have an idea of how the trans shifting strategy works? Looking over the tune, it seems the Upshift OSS and Max OSS maps are set quite a bit higher than where the shift points occur. When I set the shift points in the WOT upshift map to about 7400 across the board, on the 6-7 shift the car would go into limp mode, ETC FMEM, and throw a serial communications error every time. I raised everything I could find before I finally just set the shift points back to stock. Has anyone experienced this? I can't get a log of it because the scanner goes blank as soon as it happens. I haven't been able to find anything definitive as to what to do and how to properly raise the shift points.

18MustangTransTuningTest1.hpt
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

There are a lot of limiters in the trans side that you will need to raise first. Once those are raised you can then adjust your WOT upshift map and the OSS upshift tables to match. I used a excel spread sheet that converts rpm to OSS. That should fix your issues. My personal car i have it shifting at 7800 no problem using this method.

I spent about 3 hours playing with it last night and couldn't figure it out. I moved, Normal RPM limit, Limit initial, min and max, as well as the IPC OSS max and Element RPM tables over 7600. Do you disable trans IPC and torque based shift scheduling as well? I tried disabling IPC but it seemed the shifts were a bit more soggy but perhaps I needed another run for adaptives to catch up.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Need to raise all those and also transfer case protection and also all the ones you mentioned plus al the ones under trans ipc

Do not forget the other trans limiters under "Speedo>limiter> Speed Limit vs. Gear also Speedo>limiter>Speed Limit vs. Shift ID"

Tuner in Training that_na_coupe's Avatar
    Blown 383 did you end up disabling the torque based schedule?
    I read in another thread that you shouldn't have to do this, but I'm not getting any results.

For background, I'm tuning my 18 f150, I got the shift points up to ~6500 but nothing I do has raises them from there.
    It shifts as commanded at part throttle though.

I feel like there's limiter somewhere I'm missing. I've done just about everything I could find on the forum except disabling torque based shift scheduling.

Post your tune and we can try and spot something

So I'm not to sure how normal this is but, my WOT shift points are almost on the dot when I add 1000rpms to what I want the truck to shift at. ie. if I want to shift at 6500 I put 7500 in the table. I have the torque based schedule enabled.my2018f150tune 10-06-2019.hpt

Here's my tune, feel free to critique I ran a 13.2 @107 with this tune on 22in wheels
    Next issue is firmness on the higher rpm shifts.

At 6500 it shifts well, higher up it gets lazy. I'll keep using up gas to figure it out!

BTW i was able to get the shift points I wanted with this method in addition to the limits above.
    (If that wasn't clear)

I have a customers car that's going into limp/failsafe mode aswell in 7th gear anyone locate the issue?