Thread: 2007 F150 5.4 VCT Lockout Help

Potential Tuner

2007 F150 5.4 VCT Lockout Help

I thought this would be covered by now, but I could not find a complete or relevant thread related to the elimination of the VCT on these engines. I have installed the phaser lockouts and used over the counter tuners to eliminate them before. Now that I have HP Tuners I'm hoping to do this myself. I have turned off all of the DTC reporting but can't seem to find a way to turn off the command for VCT. I seen under the "advance" section of "timing" that there is a way to modify spark in relation to the VCT command but not a way to turn off the VCT all together. Is there something I'm missing?

Potential Tuner
    if you go in the airflow tab you'll have the vct tab and you can disable them ! tell me if it works, i'm on my way to do my first one...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GARAGEMPM View Post
    if you go in the airflow tab you'll have the vct tab and you can disable them ! tell me if it works, i'm on my way to do my first one...
    Thanks for the help. Not sure how I kept missing that drop down... turned it off and everything seems to be working just fine.