Thread: Returnless fuel system and boost

Tuner in Training

Returnless fuel system and boost

Hi guys, after roaming around the forum i cant seem to get an anwser. so if you could help i would really apreciate.

Basicaly, i know that return less system have a fixed pressure fuel rail, so that ecu does change and adjust injector width instead, based on intake pressure.

my question is, if i where to boost trought that kind of set up, with the factory 1 bar sensor and no flash option to have a 2bar sensor. What could i do to get proper fueling.

as far as i can understand, lets say that maf rear a X amount of air at 2k rpm 15 psi of boost, then at 4 k rpm 0 psi of boost it would still read the same amount of air, BUT injector would need to be adjusted.

So, boost referenced fuel pump ? or is there some kind of tweak around this to get a proper afr

thanks again

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    returnless fuel systems have their limitations no matter what you throw at it. I ended up going return style/aftermarket hat and its working out much better.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    thinking about it. couldnt i just put a 2 bar map and scale it to 50% ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    dunno, my mustang doesn't use a map sensor, I guess it would depend on your application.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    what PCM and engine?

Tuner in Training
    on a 2006 colorado,, anyway i ended up referencing the regulator intank. gotta get rid of as much as possible since it dont support pressure