Thread: Shaping the boost curve

Advanced Tuner

Shaping the boost curve

So i have been working on two mustangs with the turbonetics stock location turbo, since the turbo can provide more than what the stock fuel system can provide im looking to shape the boost curve, i noticed it looks a lot like the stock curve where you get all the boost in the midrange and then it tapers down. i have tried using the desired canister pressure to shape it but from 5000 rpm onwards it goes to the part of the table where its populated by 0's, so if i wanted to add boost there i would need to go into a negative number and there seems to be no response when adding negative numbers.

My next option is wastegate base duty Cycle table, but i dont see any compressor outlet PID and TIP actual is too high to correlate to that table so i dont know what part of the table i should be looking at.

Im trying to get a nice level boost curve, how are you guys doing it?

Not that it will help you much, but I gave up worrying about a certain boost figure tuning these a while back. You're better off tuning these on a torque based figure rather than a certain boost figure in my opinion. The two ways I do this is in the lspi tables, and in the transmission OP/A and OP/B Tables, while also extending my LTT/TTL tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    Not that it will help you much, but I gave up worrying about a certain boost figure tuning these a while back. You're better off tuning these on a torque based figure rather than a certain boost figure in my opinion. The two ways I do this is in the lspi tables, and in the transmission OP/A and OP/B Tables, while also extending my LTT/TTL tables.
    Its actually giving me underboost codes, i had to turn the code off in the dtc list to not get it, if its asking for 2.4 load and its not getting it then its not properly tuned yet