Thread: LQ4 / TH350 with Stage 3 Cam Speed Density Tuning Help!

Tuner in Training

LQ4 / TH350 with Stage 3 Cam Speed Density Tuning Help!

Let me start of by saying im new to HP Tuners and LS tuning but i understand whats going on, I'm a carb guy!

Car Specs: Rebuilt LQ4 , Holley HiRam Intake with 3 Bar MAP, 102mm DBC TB, 80 lb Siemans Deka injectors, Avanced Induction 226cc 243 Heads Milled .035 to 59cc with BTR .660 Springs, BTR Stage 3 N/A Cam 231/242 112LSA, LS7 lifters, TH350 Trans (3,500 stall) 4.11 gears , NO MAF!

However i just put a LQ4 in and 1975 Camaro. I need help getting a better tune.

I used a tune from the HP Tuners repository that was similar to my build to make a base tune. (lq4, tsp 233/239 cam) milled 243s, speed density, 6speed manual trans, 3.73 gear, ve tuned to 1% of 14.63 afr) (see pic attached) I also used an excel spread sheet for the 80lb Dekas Injector Data. Attached is my current tune, and driving log file. Also idle log file. My Scanner may not be setup correctly but im getting around to getting everything setup. I'm able to move the car with it. However it idles low on start up, then begins to idle better as it runs. If i let it run it then may idle back down after it warms up and cut off. It will crank back up and continue to idle. As i look at the headers they seem to be getting FIRE RED as the car idles. I have fbody dual fans and Mezeire WP-319 electric water pump. I haven't really drove the car much because I'm scared to run it lean, however it does seem to take the gas well when driving or punching the throttle.

Can someone take a look at the fuel tables, spark, air , etc. and make some suggestions or instruct me what to do? THANKS.
    Terrance camaro SD3bar1.hpt
    idle1.hpl
    drive1.hpl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Have you verified your IAT sensor is correctly calibrated? As in, actual intake temperatures, vs what the sensor is picking up?

Tuner in Training
    no i have not, how would i actually do that? i have the ACDelco 213-190 screw in IAT in the rear of the Holley intake. im going to try and research. Thanks @andyTA

I can't see the tune on this computer but it already looks like your MAP sensor settings are wrong. It's idling up around 90-100kpa which is way high.

Your linear and offset settings MUST match the sensor you are running. There are several 3 bar MAP sensors out there so make sure you get the right numbers in there.

Also get a wideband o2 sensor, no point in even tuning this if you don't have one. There is no guessing with air fuel ratios, you must know the exact values so you can correct the airflow model.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I have Ls7 / LSA gm ACDelco #12592525 3bar MAP. I will look at those map values and get a wideband . Thanks for the help

Advanced Tuner
    312.50 KPA linear
    -11.25KPA offset.

that's the correct scaling for a LSA sensor. without that being right everything you do is pointless and a waste of time. fix that first before you do anything more

your spark tables are very aggressive.

I would take some out until your tune is spot on.