Thread: AEM 4110 to MPVI2 Pro Link can't seem to figure this out

Tuner in Training

AEM 4110 to MPVI2 Pro Link can't seem to figure this out

Just got the Pro Link in and trying to log my wideband in VCM Scanner. I'm not able to log any data and I don't really know what I'm doing.

The white AEM wire from gauge goes to Red Analog 1 input at Pro Link. Both devices see same chassis ground since sensor ground isn't available, maybe this is wrong. The AEM gauge is reading okay but in VCM scanner I'm getting nothing. Anyone know what's up? I'm lost and scared

Here's a log and my scanner layout.

bobandy.hpl

randers.Layout.xml

Potential Tuner
    I see the channel has been added. Have you actually went in and set that pid? In other words have you transformed. Even though it shows up in channels it won't work until you show it what that added pid actually is. You Tube "HPTuners Wideband" the vid by the tuning school will straighten you right out.

Tuner in Training
    I do believe I set the pid by using Transform on the mvpi2 pro analog 1 channel and selecting aem 4110.

In VCM Scanner under channels the mvpi2 pro analog 1 is transformed to aem 4110. The channel "Value" has no reading. Both Analog 1 and 2 channels have no Value displayed in Scanner, graph displays no value and can not chart values. I have verified 0-5v at the input wires to mvpi2 pro link.

Also I have correct readings through the AC pressure switch and have been able to log accurately that way. Just hoping to get the pro link working.

Tuner in Training
    Any success with this ? I'm having the same problem but with an LM2. Has it been performed by anyone successfully?

Tuner in Training
    No I have no been able to read any input from the mvpi2 pro link.

I have gone back to a/c pressure switch circuit for referencing my wideband. Maybe my pro link is kaput and there was a bad batch shipped.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsy View Post
    No I have no been able to read any input from the mvpi2 pro link.

I have gone back to a/c pressure switch circuit for referencing my wideband. Maybe my pro link is kaput and there was a bad batch shipped.
    Each and every pro link is tested on a bench harness individually before it leaves our office, there are no bad ones that leave here.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Each and every pro link is tested on a bench harness individually before it leaves our office, there are no bad ones that leave here.
    That's good to hear then there must be something wrong on my part. I'll dig in to it again and update posts if I get it working.

Potential Tuner
    I am having this same issue utilizing the same wideband. Did you ever get it figured out. I feel like I've tried every option/alternative and am still getting the same outcome. TIA

Tuner in Training
    I have this same issue? Any news?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger1 View Post
    I have this same issue? Any news?
    In my case personally all of my software was up to date so I was fairly certain that wasn't my issue. I tried both analogs under the MPVI2 tab since there's quite a bit of confusion between the videos in regards to doing it. But currently mine is the connected to the red wire and I use analog 2. You may want to try the re-sync interface and then try it again. That was the only thing i tried differently and from that point on mine worked. hope this helps.