Thread: Options for harness/ECM for 6.2

Tuner in Training

Options for harness/ECM for 6.2

I have a L92 that was in a fire and all of the wiring/sensors/intake needs replacing. I'm thinking about putting it into my 11 Tahoe eventually, but I don't like the fact that it has an E38 with the 12639835 OS that has no 2 or 3 bar support.

What year computer would be a direct replacement with the most ease of tuning for boost?
    2011 Tahoe 5.3 2wd 6L80E (stock for now)
    2007 L92 torn apart for rebuild

2010-2011 basically have no 2 bar OS support. 2012-2013 was the luck of the draw. There was no 3 bar OS on any GEN 4 computer.

The OS upgraded is not even required. You can extend the VVE table to support 3 bar if you wanted too. Then just change the linear/offset settings for the MAP sensor and most people leave the MAF sensor because they work really well with boost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good. so the 6.2 I have when it is finished will essentially be only block/heads. Would I be able to pull all of the sensors/wires/accessories/injectors/coils from the 2011 5.3 to use with the 6.2? I know I will need a square port intake manifold too.
    Can I just copy a base 6.2 tune and burn it onto the existing PCM?

I'm also tossing around the idea of using the trans/transfer case/front diff and converting to AWD, but I am unsure if my BCM will know what's going on. will it help with traction in a high power situation? Or will it just transfer all the power to the slipping front? all of these are from an 07 Escalade and it's the BW4485 transfer case.

Mostly everything from your 5.3 will work on the 6.2 except the intake manifold itself. All the coil packs and such just transfer right over.

Yes, you can just take a stock 6.2 file and copy the tables you need over to the 5.3 tune file. I'd use an equal year 6.2 file to reference though for sure to make it easy. 2011 to 2011.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    What's your opinion on the AWD conversion from 2wd? will it be worth the effort for improved launches?

That's a lot of extra work for something I personally wouldn't want. It adds weight and more things to break.

I'd think you'd be able to make that rear suspension work really well on the 2wd tahoe/suburban, that and tires make a huge difference.

Advanced Tuner
    Your 2wd frame won't have all the provisions for the front diff required for the AWD.
    The newer AWDs use the ABS system as a traction control method to transfer torque between the wheels. If you were to put that transfer case into another vehicle you would essentially have an open diff at the transfer case. You will only get TQ at the slipping axle. A NVG149 transfercase from a older Sierra Denali would be a much better choice, since it all works from a internal viscous coupler for power transfer.