Thread: bigger injector rich idle

bigger injector rich idle

hi,

i have upgraded the injectors copied the right injector data but it runs too rich it wont idle without throttle, my afr is 11 or even richer, once the fuel trim kick in it would idle at 14.6-15.6 -25% fuel trim, my minimum pulse width is .122 but it would idle at 2.6 and with the fuel trim on it would idle at 2.2 and sometimes it would idle 12.5 afr with -10 fuel trim i have made some changes to the ve table but its still the same

If injector data is correct and fuel pressure is correct, start tuning with a wideband in open loop without fuel trims.

That is about all I can say with the very limited information you provided. Without a tune file, a vehicle, what injectors, what type of fuel system this is, no log file or anything this is what I can offer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

its ls2 with 0411 ecu, i upgraded to fuel injector connection rated 65lb at 3bar , im using corvette fuel regulator, the car is tuned, i just changed the injector and the injector data,after i started the engine and saw it was running rich i removed about 54% fuel from 60% ve to 39% ve there is no difference

Are you running 3 bar of fuel pressure or the stock 4 bar (58psi).

Same goes for the injector data, did you input the 3 bar data or 4 bar data?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

its 4 bar im using 4 bar data so at 0kpa its 72lb at 80kpa 78.9 and i copied the rest of the data i think my issue might with the short pulse adder or limit. can i remove the short pulse adder

FIC should have a new short pulse adder value to plug into the tune file. You can't just disable that.

Again, you can post your tune file and the data sheet they gave you if you want someone to make sure it's correct. It really does not matter that it was tuned previously, it's got to be all re-done again for the new injector size.

i just read online its might be transient fuel qualification mine is set to 0.041 what do i set it to

Tuner
    If none of that works ive notice those fuel filter regulators get over run by big pumps maybe check your fuel rail pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    If none of that works ive notice those fuel filter regulators get over run by big pumps maybe check your fuel rail pressure
    i have a pressure gauge and its around 58 more or less

Advanced Tuner
    what happens if you only input the IFR data alone, no other data?

havent tried that but shouldnt that make it worse

Tuner
    What i did was ifr and min pulse and thats it you might need default pukse width