Thread: 2004 Cummins 48RE Tuning?

2004 Cummins 48RE Tuning?

Does anyone know what can be tuned on a 2004 48re? Mine still has the TV cable. As far as I understand, I can change the 3-4 shifting. Can I change TC lockup? I see the options, but I know it was limited until 05.

Thanks.
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    50HP BMS/Exergy Injectors
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,
    turbosmart ext wastegate,
    BD lift pump with 2 mic filter and h2o separator,
    banks intercooler, Banks intake horn,
    slightly built tranny.......

Banned
    Lots can be changed on the 48RE on the 2004+, if you have the knowledge. Otherwise there is a very limited window shift points can be adjusted, go too far out this window and it will no longer follow what you are commanding

Banned
    Many will say nothing can be done with 48RE because it?s just a torqueflight 727. While yes it?s a torqueflight 727, a modified version, it still has electronic controls that can be adjusted and just because none of the big players have bothered to release any parameters to gain that deeper level of control doesn?t mean it doesn?t exist or can?t be done. Gears 1 and 2 are hydraulically controlled and since you have a TTVA cable, you can?t control that other than cable adjustments. But everything else there is a lot to be had available tuning wise regardless of what anyone else will tell you.

Banned
    Converter lockup can be changed as well. With the knowledge converter lockup can be made to stay locked up all the way through down to 2nd when coasting.

Awesome. Thanks! Ill tinker with it when the weather is accommodating.

Banned
    Some of the things I talked about you won?t be able to do with what HP Tuners or any other platform provides for parameters. You will need other parameters you have to access through user defined parameters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Does anyone know what can be tuned on a 2004 48re? Mine still has the TV cable. As far as I understand, I can change the 3-4 shifting. Can I change TC lockup? I see the options, but I know it was limited until 05.

Thanks.
    The limit you talk about is on all 48RE equipped trucks as currently no tuning platform offers enough to gain more control of the transmission unless user defined parameters is used and you know what to do with that.

Your 3-4 and 4-3 shifting you are only going to be able to adjust it so far before it will no longer do as you set it to do.