Thread: Unlicensed vehicle??? bought license three times HELP!

Tuner in Training

Unlicensed vehicle??? bought license three times HELP!

Ok so i had a pcm failure , got the same serv number and part number, installed, read bought license updated vin tried write entire, even after all that. it let me save, says unlicnesed vehicle.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah typically when you write entire the vin number in the ecm stays the same but the os changes so now you've created a 3rd vin/os pair that you would need to read out and license and use as your base file.

Always best, when you purchase a new ecm, that you have the ecm flashed to the vin/os pair you want via tech 2, then just read/license with our software. Otherwise you'll end up spending more credits than you probably intended.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    So how do I fix this im lost

Tuner in Training
    I have to buy 2 more credits ??? it never let me flash it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    read the ecm as it sits, license it, flash it using that file as your new base file.

Tuner in Training
    Thats what I did, and its telling me its unlicensed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1performance View Post
    Thats what I did, and its telling me its unlicensed
    Not according to what you wrote

"i had a pcm failure , got the same serv number and part number, installed, read bought license updated vin tried write entire, even after all that. it let me save, says unlicnesed vehicle"

to me it sounds like you licensed your PREVIOUS ecm and then license the vin/os pair in the new ecm but then wrote OVER the vin/os pair in the new ecm with the OLD file creating a NEW vin/os pair. If you want confirmation on this you can open a support ticket and we'll be happy to give you a definite answer rather than an educated guess answer which is all I can give you based on what YOU'VE stated.

Tuner in Training
    HP Tuners: You'll save a lot of customer grief if you would change the licence note/warning. It needs to say, "Do not license unless you first READ the ECM and license the ECM read file" Do not attempt to FLASH and license your file unless it is the actual file from the ECM".

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellwein Engines View Post
    HP Tuners: You'll save a lot of customer grief if you would change the licence note/warning. It needs to say, "Do not license unless you first READ the ECM and license the ECM read file" Do not attempt to FLASH and license your file unless it is the actual file from the ECM".
    I already responded to your other posts, its as clearcut as we can possibly make it without telling people "don't do it"

Fact is some people need to flash in someone elses file for valid reasons, if so they are responsible for the outcome, not us.