Thread: Car vs. Truck segment swap?

Tuner in Training

Car vs. Truck segment swap?

Is it possible to find a Fbody and Truck pcm with the same OS number to do a segment swap with? Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm not sure if I am even wording this correctly?

Yes.

I see it in the P01 computers where a camaro/firebird share the same OS as the silverado/sierra.

Do some digging and see what you can come up with.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks and I have no problem doing some digging but I am so new at this stuff I don't know where to start. Also, I'm not what you mean by the P01 computer? I know that I have a 0411 or are you referring to something total different? I did try to do a search in the repository for the OS #12208322 and only came up with a Silverado.

Thank you for your assistance.

P01 is an era of computers. The 411 is just another term people use. They ran from 97-2002 in the camaro/firebird/silverado/sierra/yukon/tahoe/burban etc. I'm excluding the corvette which used it to like 2003 or 2004. They switched to the P59 computer in 2003 in the trucks.

This thread is likely something you need to read, it probably has the answer you don't want.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=12208322
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    You was exactly right I wasn't looking for that answer. That looks like it would involve using credits just for me to have a/c working with one pressure sensor and turning on the

fans. Instead of using the a/c system from the truck and using two pressure sensors.

Advanced Tuner
    There is another way to use a truck tune to manage the fans and the compressor. You will need to have the truck licensed, you will also need to get the A/C pressure sensor from the later model truck. I'm working all of the details out myself on 3 trucks that I own.

I can get you more details if you are still interested.