Thread: Wont' upload. Shows unlicensed vehicle but it is

Advanced Tuner

Wont' upload. Shows unlicensed vehicle but it is

So I down loaded and updated this tune a couple months ago when we started working on this Chevy SS. Ready to start it and when I go to upload the new tune it says vehicle unlicensed. This couldn't be true. I downloaded this tune from the vehicle and paid credits to update it.

Also, when you go to upload a tune without licensing the vehicle HP will ask you to buy credits. Nothing like that is popping up. I'm lost.
    Last edited by JASON11WS6; 12-22-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Did you try a read entire without the FPCM??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I only read the ecm. Seems it might be a bigger issue. I tried to read the ecm again and it said it didn't see a vin at all. It said it could read it without the vin but I aborted.

Anyone have an issue like that. Where the ECM doesn't remember the vin? We did a head/cam swap on the car and swapped the blower on it but we didn't touch the ecm. Both the main ecm plugs seem to be secure and I was able to connect to the vehicle with the scanner. It had a code signaling it could not read the vin as well.

i had a similar issue, my issue was that i went back to an older non beta version of hptuner try updating to the last released version including a beta version, and then click on help/resync interface, if this doesnt fix it try deleting all hptuner files in the document and in program files or contact hptuner support they can reset the mpvi

Advanced Tuner
    If anyone runs into this issue check your ecm ground. It didn't get connected when the motor went back together. Problem solved.