Thread: 6l80 Lunging When coming to stop

Tuner in Training

6l80 Lunging When coming to stop

I'm working on a 1978 C10 Swapped with a 6.2L & 6L80. Its only mod is a TSP 223 dur .600 lift cam, and Circle D 3200 Stall. (stall I'm told is 3200 by customer.. neither he nor I know for sure as I did not do the swap) Not too radical but still a solid power adder. Truck runs good and still working a few minor things out. My problem is when coming to a stop the truck acts like the converter is locked and lunges slightly until your completely stopped. Sometimes it lunges harder than others. I would think with a stall converter it wouldn't do that. I don't know if you can see it in the scan but ill post one. Look for areas where I was at speed (50 or 60) and come to 0 mph. Again its not bad every time but very very annoying. Please look over my tune and my scan and give me ideas where I can address this problem. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I dont know if you solved this issue yet. I just notice your post. I looked at you tcm cal and made a few changes. You might try this and see if it suits you. I set these trans up like this all the time and have had good luck. You didn't state rather if it had a triple disk converter or not. If it does you will may need to change spring in tcc valve to make apply release a little less rough.Chris Lee 3.5 trans mod.hpt
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

try disabling ct downshift and see if it still does it