Thread: Some Help Please.... Confused

Tuner in Training

Some Help Please.... Confused

Hi all. Tuning an 2.0T Camaro, on e54. Got everything pretty much right where I want it. Car will run very strong with 0 throttle closure on a fresh reflash, however after 10-15 minutes of running, the car will only allow for 50% throttle at WOT, which also for some reason causes the STFT to get crazy positive in the high RPM at WOT which triggers a MAF code. This does not happen on a fresh flash, throttle will stay open and STFT and LTFT in check. Confused on why the car suddenly changes the max allowed torque to much lower. Help would be appreciated. Attached is current tune, and some logs.

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You have spark knock. Lean. STFT adding fuel. If you are running other than 10% ethanol max., your vehicle is not a flex fuel or e85 by design. There is no sensor and it is disabled in the tune. You would need a lot of work to supply fuel. After flash everything reset. Once EM takes over in closed loop operation and read sensor inputs, it's going to detune it to prevent knock, cylinder high temps., etc. It can't handle any more air. More air/more lean.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?5573-General-4-5-amp-I6-Cylinder-How-To-s-amp-Tuning-Info
    Last edited by DGS; 12-23-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    You have spark knock. Lean. STFT adding fuel. If you are running other than 10% ethanol max., your vehicle is not a flex fuel or e85 by design. There is no sensor and it is disabled in the tune. You would need a lot of work to supply fuel. After flash everything reset. Once EM takes over in closed loop operation and read sensor inputs, it's going to detune it to prevent knock, cylinder high temps., etc. It can't handle any more air. More air/more lean.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?5573-General-4-5-amp-I6-Cylinder-How-To-s-amp-Tuning-Info
    Correct it does not have a flex fuel sensor, the car runs a set amount of e85 and has the stoich values in the tune changed to be able to run that amount. Lean where? I have this car pretty rich in the logs 12.0-11.5, KR only happened during a shift and isn't evident during WOT pulls. I believe I had raised all the applicable limits to prevent the Max torque values from dropping. I seem to be missing something that makes the Max torque values drop, you can see the difference in the throttle 50% log and log final e85 log.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post

Oh and about the STFT... that only happens when the car decides to do 50% TPS which is what I'm trying to figure out. The car's STFT are perfect when it keeps the throttle open, peek the other logs to see.

Advanced Tuner
    I will look over more. My lean comment was based on STFT and throttle opening at a quick glance.

Advanced Tuner
    Your Engine/Airflow/Speed Density/VE Coefficients tables do not match. All of my numbers match from column top to bottom on the manifold switches. I see some crazy numbers in some of the cells. You might look at your stock tune and compare how they match. Maybe this will help. Under Edit VVE table. My first three tables match and very little change in the last table. I did see your Overspeed limit minimum is 2.0 g, mine is 0.5 g. I haven't over-boosted mine, so I don't know what this number means or if it applies. Could you explain this to me? I have the 2.0 LTG turbo in my 2013 Malibu. My engine is transverse fwd vs. yours being longitudinal rwd. I found this write-up that explains a lot. Here's the link.

https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_tuning_how_to_advanced_e78.htm

It basically states if nothing is limiting boost, the throttle will stay open 100% at WOT.

Last edited by DGS; 12-24-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Maximum engine torque is below predicted engine torque command.