Thread: DTC's

DTC's

Hello HP Tuners,

Did not want to say guys, I know there are female Tuners out there and would like their help too. I am new to tuning, and I still a current user to JET, but I have 1 computer with a working setup. Tech support is useless. I spent more $$$ on that system than HP Tuners, all I was asking was 1 file to have, my CD cannot read that file. It's been 2 months, but no answer. So much for their tech support. I see so much more support here and I'm here to stay. Sorry for the rambling, I have all these MIL on Second Error, but not sure what this all means. I currently have no check engine lite, but afraid to delete these errors. Also, how can I print these errors? Is there a place to find out what these errors mean? I really need a HP Tuners for dummies. I see a DVD on Summit for $250, but will this solve my questions? I have money, but there is a limit to my funds. Any help would greatly appreciated. Have a great holiday break...EVERYONE!

Deano

First error, second error mean what they seem.

If the computer see's the fault and it's the first time the error happened, the check engine light will come on. Same with the second error, it takes two times for the fault to happen and the check engine light will come on.

You never said what you are working with and what the exact error codes you are getting, so saying you can just turn off a certain code is not something I want to tell you. Some codes you need to leave active so you know what a possible issue is. Where as some codes you can fully disable if the part is removed and not used on this application.

Sometimes it even depends on what computer and year range of vehicle you are working on too for codes. Some codes will set a permanent DTC's that will never go away even if said code was disabled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Hi 5FDP, Sorry for leaving out so much info. I currently have no check light on, but amazed on how many DTC's I have. I have a 2002 Camaro Z28. I just recently got my car inspected thru Ca., and all they do is read the computer every 2 years. As long as there are no emission errors, it passes. I think that's how it works. The other DTC's don"t look serious, but I'm new to this. The only mod I've done was change the rearend gears to a 3:73 from a 3:23 and corrected the speedo settings. I also would like to print these DTC's, but not sure how? Merry Christmas to everyone!

Sorry, 1 other mod was installing a Magnaflow catback system. Of course, the usual battery, waterpump, brakes, shocks, updated suspension parts and upgraded my headlights to HID.

Does the MIL work on the cluster??

What are the codes you are seeing?

I'm not sure you can print the codes you are seeing in the scanner itself. You can likely copy and paste to a word doc and then just print that. Though it seems easier to just have save a screen shot of it and use the google when you get back to an internet connection.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Not sure what MIL means, but will try your options. I hope you are having a good holiday, why are you spending time answering my stupid questions? This is familytime and you seem to be like me, a total gearhead. Thank you so much for your time and God Bless.

Malfunction indicator lamp, or the other way of saying it is Check engine light/Service engine soon light.

I have a few sisters, I can't spend that much time with them without going insane lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have a few sisters, I can't spend that much time with them without going insane lol.
    I hear that!

I take screenshots of the codes and look for them in the editor. Otherwise I google them for more context.